What is SAP Workforce Management?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Planning is a people management software designed for businesses of all sizes, in all industries. It helps managers to plan goals and ensure that objectives are in alignment with the overall business strategy. It can help workforces stay on track to not only meet their objectives but also improve efficiency and productivity.
Combining strategic planning capabilities with headcount planning helps businesses build a road map to get them from their current position to where they want the business to be. Some of the core capabilities include forecasting, financial modeling and workforce planning.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP Workforce Management?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Workforce Management
- Award-Winning Support: SAP’s robust support network has won multiple awards and accolades, including a 2018 TSIA Star Award and recognition as one of “The Year’s 10 Best Web Support Sites” in 2018 from The Association of Support Professionals. Users can access a variety of support options, including thorough training resources through the support portal.
- Financial Stability: Many of the system’s features include modules to help predict and compare future costs associated with what-if scenarios, plans for workforce growth and more, helping managers prepare budgets aligned with their workforce objectives.
- Strategic Planning: Rely on the platforms what-if analysis capabilities to prepare plans, budgets and more. This allows businesses to determine the cost of their hiring efforts, develop talent and retain employees.
- Reach Goals: The system allows managers to create headcount plans for the workforce. Those plans can then be broken into smaller sub-plans defined by department or cost to help guide businesses to their goal.
- Proactive Hiring: Labor and budget forecasting capabilities provide managers with greater insights into their workforce, making it easy to plan and prepare budgets for when teams need to expand.
- Mobile Access: The product’s cloud-based deployment allows users to access its capabilities from anywhere, so long as they have a reliable internet connection.
- Customization: SAP offers users configuration options to allow businesses to make updates to the system so that it can better meet their unique needs, rather than relying on native functionalities that may not be the best fit.
SuccessFactors was founded in 2001 in San Francisco California, but was acquired by SAP in 2012. It serves more than 7,000 businesses, with more than 120 million active users globally. The solution was recognized by Gartner in 2016 as a leader among cloud-based HCM suites as well as being noteworthy as a customer choice award winner for corporate learning in 2019.
- Forecasting: Users can create projections of future workforces, helping managers to identify skill gaps across job functions. This feature can also provide insight into available supplies and resources and how those factors may change in the future.
- Risk Analysis: Identify potential workforce obstacles and develop a plan to avoid them, eliminating issues before they arise.
- Modeling: The platform provides users with multiple options for building models related to their workforce in order to help facilitate strategic workforce planning. Some of the types of models available include what-if scenarios, headcount plans, cost models, impact models and more.
- Strategy Bank: Pre-templated strategy plans help to guide managers through the process of creating response protocols as well as provide insight into the potential cost of those plans.
- Assignments: After developing a plan, managers can assign tasks and responsibilities to team members to ensure that goals are met. This functionality also enables managers to define metrics for how to measure success, providing clear expectations to individuals who have been given assignments.
- Headcount Planning: The operational headcount planning feature facilitates budget alignment by allowing managers to create headcount plans, edit them in real time and break plans into sub-plans. This functionality provides insight into the organization’s current workforce, creates plans for scaling the workforce up or down and provides insight into current hiring trends.
SAP Workforce Management Suite Support
SAP offers multiple support package options. Users can choose a support package based on their business size, level of technical support needed, the number of users, the specific platform being implemented and many more options.
mail_outlineEmail: Email support is accessible through a submission form on SAPs website. Users can also talk with a support expert directly via a webchat function on the vendor’s website.
phonePhone: SAP does not list a support phone number on their website. However, users seeking phone support can submit their phone numbers directly through SAP’s website and select a topic they’d like to discuss and a representative from SAP will call the user immediately.
schoolTraining: The knowledgebase provides users with self-service tools such as brochures, reports and more, which cover a variety of topics. Users can also access product demos and source answers to common questions from the SAP user community through the support portal.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit support tickets through the support portal. More information on ticket support is available to users by logging into the SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
SAP Workforce Management Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 605 reviews: