What is Kronos Workforce Central?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Kronos Workforce Central
- Automation: The system can automatically perform essential workforce management functions automatically, freeing up HR managers to prioritize human-focused tasks that can’t be automated by technology.
- Analytics: The systems reporting and analytic functionalities provide managers with data and insights which can be viewed in the interface dashboard to give managers insights into daily business operations.
- Integration: Kronos Workforce Central integrates fully with other Kronos solutions to allow systems to share data and streamline workflows, making integration seamless. Users can also choose to integrate this system with other third-party products with the help of Kronos Integration Manager utility.
- Unified Platform: Rather than utilizing multiple systems, users can leverage Kronos Workforce Central’s platform to complete a variety of core HR tasks, including scheduling, time tracking and productivity management.
- Improve Engagement: With mobile capabilities, users can access the system to perform essential workforce management tasks and streamline communication. The app offers direct lines of communication between individual employees, managers and other teams, improving communication across the board.
- Boost Productivity: Capabilities that allow users to work offline, like offline punch and Smartviews, allow employees and managers to access the system even if Kronos’ network is down, ensuring that technical issues never hinder the workforce.
- Greater Visibility: Managers can access relevant employee information easily through Kronos Workforce Central. The system allows managers to view employee availability, time punches, location and what activities they’ve worked on, providing managers with a robust view of what their workforce does and when they can do it.
- Employee Self-Service: Enable the self-service function in the mobile app to allow employees to get answers to questions, view schedules, clock in and out of shifts, update their availability, swap shifts, submit requests and more.
- Time Tracking: The system can send real-time alerts through email or text message to notify managers of things that need immediate attention, such as employees who will be working overtime hours. By integrating this feature with payroll processing, managers can ensure that payroll is always accurate and processed on time.
- Scheduling: Automatically generate schedules with the system’s best-fit module to ensure optimal schedules that reduce instances of overstaffing. Employees can use the self-service functionality to view schedules through the mobile app, as well as set scheduling preferences and swap shifts with coworkers.
- Absence Management: Maintain productivity levels by tracking absences and gaining visibility into areas where absences are affecting labor costs. This allows managers to intervene when they notice absence trends.
- Core HR: Collect and measure data related to the workforce, including performance metrics. Managers can update employee profiles and benefits programs, manage schedules, ensure employees receive proper training opportunities and analyze payroll data.
- Payroll: Leverage the benefits of integrated time tracking by automatically calculating employee hours to process payroll. The system also helps ensure compliance by generating standard tax forms and reports to help organizations prepare for quarterly or annual audits.
- Reporting: Managers can create interactive charts and graphs to help recognize trends within the workforce. Managers can generate and view charts directly through the dashboard.
- Mobile App: The system is compatible with both IOS and Android mobile devices as well as tablets, making it easy for managers and employees to access the system remotely. Through the app, managers can respond to issues quickly and employees are able to complete tasks related to time management, submit reports and more.
- Customized functionalities lack depth and can be difficult to use
- Reporting capabilities are limited and can be difficult to access
- A steep learning curve makes the system inaccessible to some users
Kronos Workforce Central Suite Support
All users, regardless of their support subscription, have access to technical advisories, case studies, quick tips, brown bag sessions, Kronos’ HR and Payroll Answersource, and additional SHRM e-learning. Users with Platinum and Platinum Plus can also access interactive forms.
Kronos Workforce Central Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Kronos Workforce Central offers a robust suite of workforce management capabilities and most users find that the system is easy to use. It’s customization capabilities allow most businesses to configure the system to meet specific business needs, and most issues with the system are resolved by contacting customer support. However, some users have found that the need for add-ons can slow the system down and can be cost prohibitive to smaller businesses. Users also note that the implementation process is lengthy and difficult. If your business requires more than the base functionality of the platform and requires significant technical support, this solution may come at a steep additional cost to the base subscription.
Based on 1786 reviews: