What is SAP Warehouse Management?
Industry Specialties: Serves warehousing industries
SAP Warehouse Management streamlines and controls all warehousing processes to create an efficient operation. It allows users to manage all structures present in a warehousing operation, regardless of their complexity, while monitoring stock differences and controlling hazardous materials. It also makes use of barcode scanners to speed up inventory processes.
Stock transfers and goods receipts can be managed while monitoring inbound and outbound goods throughout the day. All logistics that are vital to a successful warehousing operation can be taken care of, and many time-consuming processes can be automated to conserve resources. It automates resource-intensive processes and leverages bin level inventory management to boost overall warehouse organization and accuracy. It also maps out the physical locations within.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP Warehouse Management?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Warehouse Management
- Faster Inventory Processes: SAP Warehouse Management employs barcode scanners that can drastically improve inventory management processes. As your inventory processes speed up, employees will have additional time to focus on more important tasks.
- Accurate Goods Tracking: This software solution monitors all goods as they move in, out or within the warehouse. Up-to-date stock amounts help prevent errors that could lead to insufficient product and shortens pick and pack time with an accurate location of products that need to be shipped out.
- Warehouse Automation: SAP warehouse management automates a number of time-intensive processes that could fall victim to human error. As accuracy increases throughout the warehouse, costs are cut and extra time can be made available for higher-level decision making and guidance.
- Better Organization: Defined storage bins for products keep a warehouse from becoming disorganized and prone to errors. Moving pallets containing a variety of stock becomes much easier when everything has a preset location.
- Customize to Fit Your Operation: SAP Warehouse Management allows users to customize its functions in order to better suit their individual requirements. Complex operations can make use of the entire array of functions while smaller warehouses can pick and choose what they need to operate successfully.
- Reduce Warehousing Costs: SAP helps you get the most out of your warehousing space, time and the employees. Set up your inventory to make the most out of employee pathing and only hang on to the inventory you need.
- Increase Visibility: Always know where stock is located, how labor is assigned and how automation tools are performing. Discover problem areas and fix them before they turn into costly problems down the road.
- Improve Compliance: Multinational enterprises can leverage this platform to help ensure compliance with all vital regulatory and international trade requirements.
SAP Warehouse Management is used in over 1,000 operations that span the globe. As an enterprise, SAP serves over 437,000 customers with platforms that handle a wide variety of industries.
- Decentralized WMS: SAP warehouse management can be run as a standalone system. Warehousing functions can be accessed without tying them into an ERP system.
- Goods Movement: All of your stock movements through the warehouse are carefully monitored and optimized for a number of in-house operations. Product capacities are calculated with putaway and stock removal processes that can be tweaked as needed. Users can process differences in stock, manage goods receipts, stock transfers and a number of other warehousing functions.
- Monitoring and Planning: SAP warehouse management grants users an overhead view of their entire stock and warehouse. A forecasted view of upcoming daily workload allows managers to intervene and optimize tasks should the need arise. An RF monitor gives users an updated idea of all activities throughout the day.
- Hazardous Material Management: Using standards set by the hazardous material record, this system can safely handle and store these types of products. This solution generates accurate reports and records of any hazardous products kept within the warehouse.
- Storage Unit Management: As products arrive at the warehouse, SAP Warehouse Management helps control the flow of materials by directing them to optimized storage bins. Storage bins are given an identifying number that the WMS can properly monitor and then used to feed information to warehouse employees.
- Logistical Efficiency: The system supports streamlining e-commerce returns, flexible picking for multiple unique orders in a single run and management of customer-initiated delivery cancellations or changes.
- Cross-Functional Capabilities: SAP WMS supports cross-functional features like serial numbers, batch management, catch weights, dock appointment scheduling and cross-functional analytics. Features that support compliance and traceability are also included.
- Fine-Tuned Outbound Processes: SAP WMS lets users schedule picking, packing and shipping activities in two waves. Optimized work packages can be created through stock selection along with support for augmented reality and voice picking.
- Full SAP Integration: This warehousing module supports full integration with the entire SAP environment.
- Warehouse Cockpit: The extended version of this module displays vital warehouse data and metrics as digestible charts and graphs. This information lets managing team members evaluate warehousing activity and performance to better identify suffering processes.
- Cross Docking: The extended edition lets users handle inventory movement as a product moves between multiple warehouses or distribution centers.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support billing functionality, unlike SAP Hybris Billing
- Limited BI functionality
- Does not provide labor management functions
- Does not contain payment processing functionality
- Does not support integration with tools like QuickBooks or Xero
SAP Warehouse Management Suite Support
SAP Warehouse Management comes with a variety of support options:
mail_outlineEmail: SAP Warehouse Management email support can be reached through the Customer Interaction Center 24/7. Email support is used for non-technical inquiries.
phonePhone: Support via telephone is only available to Second Level Support Services. It may be used for advice, assistance, debugging and troubleshooting. It is only available in English and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT on weekdays, not including U.S. holidays.
schoolTraining: Training courses can be taken through SAP’s training portal on a variety of products and applications. Each category offers training for beginner, intermediate and advanced users.
local_offerTickets: Using the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, customers can submit incident report tickets. These are generally used for High or Very High priority issues.
Cost of Ownership for SAP Warehouse Management
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
SAP Warehouse Management Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 184 reviews: