What is Oracle Warehouse Management?
Industry Specialties: Serves Warehousing industries
The Oracle warehouse management platform is available in the cloud and compliments operations of all sizes. It’s included features provide users with numerous ways to organize, optimize, and streamline their warehousing space and tasks. This system helps boost labor productivity while reducing inventory costs and improving the accuracy of daily warehouse tasks.
This system includes a flexible environment that is easily configurable for a quick implementation process. Complex fulfillment support gives users the tools to handle moving large volumes of a product while staying accurate.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Oracle Warehouse Management?
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle Warehouse Management
- Cloud-Based Advantages: Oracle WMS is available as a cloud-based system that confers numerous benefits to adopters. Cloud-based systems allow operations to continue normally instead of shutting down for upgrades. This type of deployment also provides a secure place for document storage that cannot be damaged during an unexpected outage.
- Error Reduction: By leveraging included automation functions, tedious tasks that require manual entry of data can be passed off. Users can then handle more important tasks around the warehouse. Reducing errors cuts costs and also improves customer satisfaction.
- Improved Visibility: Oracle WMS gives users the ability to study valuable data procured from daily warehousing tasks. This information makes planning and forecasting easier for managerial employees and lets them make more educated decisions. Data visibility allows users to notice processes that are generating problems or running at an unoptimized rate.
- Better Accuracy: This system contains many features focused on streamlining daily warehousing tasks. By leveraging these features, users can create an optimized warehouse floor while increasing the accuracy of picking, packing, and shipping of products.
- Increase Client and Customer Service: Oracle WMS increases warehousing speed while also improving the accuracy of daily tasks. Data visibility grants clients the ability to see when and where their package is once it leaves the warehouse. All of these benefits lead to better client and customer experiences.
Oracle’s Warehouse Management system is widely adopted by a number of industries across the globe. Its customer base includes companies like Vinomofo and Blueprint (formerly known as Craftsy).
- Warehouse Automation: This system contains a Warehouse Control System module that provides integrations with material handling and voice solutions. Managers can monitor equipment in real-time while gaining visibility into the entire warehousing environment.
- Multichannel Execution: Oracle WMS supports multichannel fulfillment that allows customers to fulfill, buy and return products from a location that works for them. Larger enterprises can leverage the features of this system to streamline their fulfillment processes regardless of the complexity involved.
- 3PL Support: Third-party logistics providers can benefit from features crafted specifically for their unique needs. Giving your 3PL provider the tools they need to succeed allows them to fully optimize the warehousing operations they oversee.
- Mobile Solutions: Oracle WMS features mobile access to provide users with a gateway into their operations at any time from anywhere. Allowing users to be on the move while remaining up to date on important operational information frees up valuable resources.
- Cross Docking: Warehouses that implement cross-docking can cut down on material handling by reducing unnecessary put-away. These processes can be executed on an as needed basis or planned ahead of time.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- Does not support accounting integration with Quickbooks or Xero
- This solution cannot be installed on a Mac OS X operating system
- Requires a complex integration process that can be time-consuming
- Development cycles after Oracle releases are very long
- Limited customization for labeling, printing and documentation functionality
Oracle Warehouse Management Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Oracle provides 24/7 technical support; more in-depth services are available with premium support purchase.
phonePhone: Oracle provides phone support for technical and non-technical issues. For more in-depth support, a premium support subscription is required.
schoolTraining: After logging into My Oracle Support, users can access quick videos on the basics of your software suite. With a library of short training videos and certification. My Oracle Support requires a purchase, an active cloud subscription or an active cloud trial to access.
local_offerTickets: Oracle’s support structure allows for the submission and review of support tickets and service requests.
Cost of Ownership for Oracle Warehouse Management
|Customization Cost||This cost varies depending on functional requirements and module add-ons|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||This cost varies depending on the current software in use, amount of data, availability of migration tools, the complexity of data, and the gaps between the two systems|