What is TimeClock Plus?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
TimeClock Plus is a solution for medium- to large-sized companies to organize, assign and monitor employees and their payment. It streamlines worker scheduling by allowing management to coordinate its employees while providing in-platform messaging for feedback and responses.
Its customizable configuration makes it ideal for larger organizations, simplifying the unique needs of each staff member, including benefits, leave time, scheduling and payroll. With both web-based and first-party hardware methods of time tracking, it has a variety of options for ensuring compliance and security.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use TimeClock Plus?
Key differentiators & advantages of TimeClock Plus
- Enhanced Employee Organization: Administrators can create worker schedules in a user-friendly and visual interface, and employees can request shift changes. Staff members can directly inquire about schedule, payroll or other issues through the platform’s internal messaging system, streamlining the entire process.
- Customizable: The system’s flexible configuration makes it uniquely useful to smaller and larger companies alike, and can be strategically built to best fulfill a business’s needs, including cloud-based or on-premises data storage.
- Increased Accessibility: The company’s self-developed manual time clock machines supplement mobile apps and web browser portals for an array of clock-punching options. Companies can verify employee identity in a way they’re comfortable with, ensuring security.
- Assistance With Compliance: It has built-in features that help employers keep track of compliance on issues, including the ACA, assisting in the protection of organizations from avoidable lawsuits.
- Cost Cutting: After one-time setup and licensing fees, the annual charge per user is competitive with other market leaders. The upfront implementation and training fees are substantial, but long-term customers see savings on annual billing.
Since its founding in 1988, Data Management Inc.’s TimeClock Plus gradually built up a global client base of more than 60,000 customers. Its user base ranges from small, family businesses to large universities and national brands. Of the top-10 time and attendance software as ranked by our analysts, only Kronos, Mitrefinch and ShopClock have been in the market longer.
- Advanced Scheduling: Scheduling is streamlined to one platform, where edits can be made by management, and changes can be requested by employees. Wages can be altered by shift (i.e., night shift) and shift substitutions are logged.
- Self-Developed Hardware: TimeClock Plus supplies versatility and variability with an extensive line of in-house time clock machines that carry TimeClock software. Variants include biometric, pin and card/pass authentication. Customers do not need to go to a third party for tech support.
- Contract Fulfillment: Modules are included that create time sheets for contracted workers, track contract hours and account for those before processing overtime. The system can break down contract workers into the categories.
- Mobile Support: Employees can clock in or out, submit time-off and shift-change requests, or message their boss from their smartphone through the system’s iOS or Android app. It can utilize a device’s built-in biometric scanner for employee authentication, camera for sending images and GPS system for geofencing purposes.
- Payroll Integration: Already compatible with more than 300 payroll providers, TimeClock Plus’s website offers to “quickly build an integration” if a company’s provider or custom system isn’t already supported.
TimeClock Plus has some unique hindrances compared to competitors in the time and attendance market, partially stemming from its distinct position as both a software and hardware provider. Some limitations potential buyers should know about are:
- Tech support is only free for the first 90 days, after which users must pay for tech support on an hourly basis
- The time clocks are very sophisticated and expensive
- Doesn’t offer a free trial like other service providers
- Doesn’t provide the option of company branding
- The solution lacks time tracking features such as automatic time capture, billing and invoicing, etc.
TimeClock Plus Suite Support
TimeClock Plus complements its standard phone, email, ticketing and chat support options through a network of webinars, help guides and articles.
mail_outlineEmail: Email support can be reached at [email protected] between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST, Monday – Friday.
phonePhone: Voice support is available between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST Monday – Friday at (325)-223-9300.
schoolTraining: A series of free guides and articles on the vendor’s website offer help for current customers. The vendor employs an implementation team to guide the setup process and train companies on using the product. Multimedia materials are also available.
local_offerTickets: Customers can fill out a support request on the vendor’s website that asks for a name, company, phone number, email address, subject and description, with a drop-down priority menu ranging from, “Low - No Interruptions,” to “Work Stoppage - Cannot Process Payroll.”—
Cost of Ownership for TimeClock Plus
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|