What is Time Doctor?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Time Doctor
- Increased Productivity: Increases productivity as employee accountability becomes more transparent through a series of features, and employees are reminded to stay focused.
- Better Project Management: Employers can keep tabs on the efficiency of a task and its resources, including time, that goes into it by determining which tasks use the most company resources and why.
- Reports Areas for Improvement: Time loss and theft correction are streamlined through daily and weekly reports delivered to both employers and employees that detail inefficient activities. Reports can be used to optimize organizational efficiency and task assignment.
- Improved Client Coordination: Clients are allowed unique access to parts of the portal to promote transparency and ensure they are billed correctly. Clients can track the progress and efficacy of their tasks.
- Highly Integrable With Common Softwares: Seamlessly integrate with apps like Slack and Asana. Other integrations, like with payroll software, help centralize a business’s organizational efforts.
- Employee Monitoring: Bosses can make sure company time isn’t being wasted, as Time Doctor allows employers to track employee activities. Track sites employees visit, their keystrokes and mouse movements and even take periodic screenshots automatically or on request.
- Time Use Alerts: The system can gently (or not so gently) remind an employee to refocus with pop-up windows if they fall down a cat video rabbit hole on YouTube or wander to Facebook. Messaging and parameters for launching these alerts are customizable.
- Client Portal: Information can be made accessible through free client logins that display only that client’s work.
- Report Production: Automatically produces reports on activities and productivity at predetermined intervals. They are useful tools for staying up to date on what employees are working on and if they are completing their tasks in an efficient manner.
- GPS Tracking: Make sure employees are where they are supposed to be when on assignment through their smartphone.
- Extensive Platform Support: Compatible with desktops, tablets, Android and iOS to track work done on most devices and provide the most flexibility for employers.
- Payroll: Incorporates both hourly wages and fixed salaries into time tracked to automate payroll calculation. This information can easily be exported through an integrated payroll provider.
- Customer support is available only via email and chat
- Idle time leads to timekeeping errors
- Lacks break-time recording
- Third-party integrations are limited
Time Doctor Suite Support
Time Doctor Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Time Doctor successfully monitors work from home employees or freelancers to help drive efficiency. It takes regular screenshots that managers can view and gives detailed information about what the employee was doing on a particular time slot. Reviewers stated that it records idle time when there is no screen or cursor activity, even if the user is working, which results in timekeeping errors. They also mentioned that the software has bugs and glitches. Users are notified with a pop-up window when they enter a non-work site to avoid distraction and increase productivity. With its robust features, Time Doctor provides a simple and convenient way to avoid errors and promote confidence that payroll will be completed accordingly.
Based on 528 reviews: