What is OnTheClock?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
OnTheClock is a small-business-oriented time clock program focused on affordability and accessibility. With scaled pricing based on company size, it provides business owners with a straightforward approach to payroll, paid time off requests and fulfillment, administrative shift organizing, and employee tracking.
It allows for easy export of materials to take to an accountant and integrates seamlessly with payroll providers. It also offers intuitive, customizable and convenient features suitable for small business owners.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use OnTheClock?
Key differentiators & advantages of OnTheClock
- Affordable and Non-Committal: The system is free for companies of fewer than three employees and boasts competitive pricing, making it a good option for small business owners with tight budgets. Notably, it’s more affordable than top competitors Kronos, Mitrefinch and TSheets. Following a 30-day free trial, businesses are not bound by a contract and can opt out following each month. Several other competitors, while offering a lower price point per employee per month, require additional fees, such as setup and licensing, that OnTheClock does not charge.
- Streamlined Tracking for Paid Time Off: The platform automatically tracks employees’ paid time off, including accrual and allotment. Employees can request and administrators can approve paid time off within the system. The company’s policies can be input by an administrator.
- Time Theft Prevention: Managers can use employee accountability methods to ensure that employees are being efficient with company time and are not utilizing methods such as “buddy punching” or remote punching.
- Easy Employee Management: The program simplifies employee organization by allowing for shift scheduling, project organizing and real-time timecard error corrections. In turn, employees can also leave notes for superiors.
- Straightforward and Simple: OnTheClock has a user-friendly interface designed for busy business administrators and managers who aren’t necessarily tech-savvy. It includes enough functionalities to be useful but not enough to be overwhelming.
OnTheClock’s simplicity fulfills the basic needs of most small businesses, handling time and attendance automatically while accounting for location, hourly/salaried employees and accrued/allotted paid time off. It serves more than 9,000 companies.
- GPS Tracking: Geolocation can restrict where employees can clock in/out from, and shows administration who has clocked in/out from where on a given day to correct timecard mistakes and hold workers accountable through the program’s “Who’s In” feature.
- Fingerprint Scanning: The browser version supports input from a biometric device, ensuring the identity of the employee punching in/out.
- Payroll Reporting: OnTheClock integrates with leading payroll systems and lets you export in several formats, such as Excel, CSV and PDF.
- Web-Based: Users can access the system on any device with internet browser capability and view changes and corrections in real time. The program is accessible from any computer with web browser capability and has app support for both Android and iOS devices for ease of access. Data backs up on a nightly basis.
- Project Organizing: Managers can organize projects individually to track employee time, and it supports employee task selection. Upon completion, project costing reports can be exported.
- Shift Scheduling: An easy-to-use, drag-and-drop interface streamlines and visualizes employee schedules, which are subsequently reported to employees in real time. The system also allows for automated clock-ins and clock-outs, with paid/unpaid options tethered.
- Mobile Support:
OnTheClock has some known issues that potential customers should be aware of before buying. These limitations include:
- Approving time-off requests can be a bit difficult at times
- Lacks employee performance management feature
- The solution can’t integrate with ERP systems
OnTheClock Suite Support
OnTheClock offers business-hours support by phone and email/ticketing hybrid, with monitoring of both “for critical support.” It also provides live chat support. The site includes an FAQ page, along with a thorough help section.
phonePhone: Voice support can be attained at 888-753-5999 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday. The vendor promises all calls are answered by an employee, not an automated answering service.
mail_outlineEmail: No support email is provided, but customers can use the ticketing system as described below for assistance.
schoolTraining: The vendor’s website includes a “Help Topics” section, outlining the steps for setting up several different components of the program’s features. The site also includes a “Helpful Videos” page, demonstrating seven common actions the solution can handle, with a more extensive video library on its YouTube page.
local_offerTickets: Customers can submit an email/ticket hybrid request through the website’s “Contact Us” page, which is assigned to a support specialist.
Cost of Ownership for OnTheClock
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||