What is ClockShark?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries, with a focus on construction and field service.
ClockShark is a time tracker solution designed to eliminate paper timecards and their inherent inconsistency. Employees can punch in from their mobile devices, and employers can monitor their location throughout the day to ensure productivity.
Its construction roots mean the tool was developed with an off-premises emphasis, making it ideal for construction and field service jobs and companies with several locations.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ClockShark?
Key differentiators & advantages of ClockShark
- Ends Clock-In Ambiguity: ClockShark ends time loss and theft by providing several means of employee accountability, stopping time clock “rounding” and other dishonest time tracking methods.
- GPS-Based Accountability: Employers can make sure their workers are staying on task and location with a series of location-based features, including geofencing and automation, from the employee’s smartphone. Bosses can check a worker’s whereabouts at any point during their shift, not just at clock-in and clock-out, like most time trackers.
- Simplified Employee Organization: Worker assignments and task fulfillment are simplified with easy to use scheduling and project tracking modules. Employees can be broken down into tasks, departments and locations to organize data.
- Better Payroll Management: Payroll filing is streamlined through export options. The system also automates paid time off tracking and produces more accurate time sheets by eliminating timecard dishonesty.
- Ideal for Off-Premises Companies: It streamlines the management of all employees from one centralized platform, whether a business has one location, a new work site every week, or several franchised hubs.
ClockShark was founded by a duo of construction company owners, and built to be an alternative to their paper timecard woes. Since the service’s development, it added additional features and grew a customer base beyond its field service/construction beginnings to more than 4,500 businesses. Other clients work in the health care, real estate, accounting and event management industries, among others.
- Location Tracking: GPS location can be checked at any moment while a worker is clocked in, and permanently records location at punch-in and punch-out. The geofencing feature can also remind a worker to clock-in or clock-out if they forget to do so.
- Scheduling: Managers can use a simple drag-and-drop UI to assign schedules and change them. Employees can access their work schedules at any time.
- Job and Task Assigning: Managers can describe the task within the schedule and outline it to their workers. Job location and travel route to a work site can be provided in-app.
- Platform Support: The program has support for both Android and iOS, in addition to web-based portals for desktops, making ClockShark accessible to field and desk workers alike.
- Supervisor Clock-In: A crew leader can send one clock-in/out notification for their group. This further simplifies time tracking efforts and can be used to account for remote workers that don’t own a smartphone.
- Paid Time Off Incorporation: The “Pro” level subscription allows for paid time off tracking. Employers can set paid time off policies, and workers can view their PTO status and request leave.
- Payroll Exporting: Time tracking data can be aggregated and exported either to Excel or CSV or an integrated payroll provider like Intuit QuickBooks.
ClockShark Suite Support
ClockShark includes support cost in the price of subscription, including phone, email and chat support.
mail_outlineEmail: Email support is available at [email protected]
phonePhone: Customers in the U.S. can call 1-800-828-0689 for phone support seven days a week, with differing hours of availability depending on the day. International customers are asked to email the address listed above to schedule a support call.
schoolTraining: Depending on the user’s subscription plan, setup and onboarding assistance can be provided. The vendor’s site includes help, documentation and FAQ sections, with a series of articles outlining specific tasks.
local_offerTickets: Support tickets may be submitted through the vendor’s website.