What is SAP Supply Chain Planning?
Industry Specialties: Serves the supply chains of a number of industries
SAP SCM is offered as an on-premise or cloud-based software solution with a focus on optimizing and organizing supply chains of large operations. By incorporating predictive analytics and AI, this platform enables effective planning strategies that increase the responsiveness of supply chains and enable proper demand management. Stakeholders can stay apprised of progress with integrated communication functionality.
Supply planning and inventory optimization keep warehousing locations and processes organized for rapid product deployment and quick shipping. Save more time on forecasting and gain a global view of the data keeping your supply chain running.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP Supply Chain Planning?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Supply Chain Planning
- Improve Communication: SAP SCM opens up communication between businesses within different sections of the supply chain. This can help maintain demand management and organize key supply chain processes.
- Increased Data Visibility: Gain a bird’s eye view of the entire supply chain and harvest valuable data from everyday processes. More visibility into how each portion of a supply chain functions allows for informed planning and decision making from managers.
- Boost Customer Satisfaction: Increased visibility into warehousing and transportation gives customers the ability to find out when, where and how their product is being shipped. This can help boost trust with multiple customers as they can keep track of their shipments with up-to-date information.
- Accurate Forecasting: SAP SCM uses state of the art AI and analytics to provide clients a way to accurately forecast product demand. Improved planning practices in avoiding stock shortages and can help reduce inventory.
- Better Inventory Management: Keep track of your stored products and optimize stock locations with SAP SCM’s inventory management tools. Retrieve goods quickly and accurately to have them ready for shipment as fast as possible.
- Reduce Costs: SAP SCM provides a suite of tools that focus on improving the production quality of goods while also cutting down on production issues. Cutting down on problems reduces the number of resources spent on recovery and producing faulty product.
SAP SCM has been utilized in a number of different industries. Some of these include healthcare, automotive, defense, fashion, banking and aerospace.
- Cloud Deployment: SAP SCM is available as an on-premise or cloud-based solution. Leveraging the cloud comes with a number of beneficial features including easy backup, document storage and constant updates that do not require downtime. The cloud promotes easy communication with quick document and information sharing for team members and stakeholders.
- Predictive Analytics: SAP SCM includes Integrated Business Planning functionalities that leverage AI and sophisticated analysis to keep supply chains one step ahead of the ever-changing market. Predictive functions keep supply chains on top of demand while meeting profitability goals.
- Multiple SCM Modules: This platform provides a number of modules focused on optimizing a supply chain. Some of these modules include SAP Extended Warehouse Management, Advanced Planning and Optimization, SAP Transportation Management, SAP Supply Network Collaboration and more.
- Lifecycle Management: SAP SCM covers all key processes in a supply chain. Execute along an entire supply chain with networking, planning, coordination and execution features. This solution provides access to vital information about all supply chain activities and allows users to apply it to every portion of a product lifecycle.
- Transportation Management: This platform includes a number of transportation management modules to streamline the shipping process. Using SAP’s R/3 system, transfers purchase orders, returns and created deliveries to the Advanced Planning and Optimization module. Schedule deliveries and drivers with SAP scheduling tools to keep shipments running on time.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- UI isn’t very intuitive or user-friendly
- Many functions have a steep learning curve
- Does not support multi-language functionality
- Does not provide access to a mobile website
- Not suitable for small to medium-sized organizations
SAP SCM Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Technicians are available 24/7 to answer support questions emailed in through the Customer Interaction Center.
phonePhone: A 30-minute support call with an expert can be scheduled via SAP’s Support website. These calls normally take care of low to medium priority issues. Clients can also call the Customer Interaction Center at any time.
schoolTraining: Interested clients can gain further product knowledge in a variety of ways. OpenSAP provides free online training, and the SAP Learning Hub contains volumes of knowledge to look through. Clients interested in receiving certification can do so through SAP Global Certification. Interested parties can peruse the SAP Education and Course Directory for learning opportunities that fit their schedule.
local_offerTickets: High to very high priority issues can submit incident tickets through the SAP ONE Support Launchpad. An SAP Support engineer will work with the client closely to resolve the issue.
Cost of Ownership for SAP SCM
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|