What is Fishbowl Inventory?
Industry Specialties: Serves manufacturing, distribution, shipping and goods management based operations.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Fishbowl Inventory
- Strengthen Automation with Integrations: Leverages powerful integrations with Quickbooks, Xero, Shopify, Shipstation and more. Automating vital processes through integration can significantly increase efficiency while letting employees focus on other tasks.
- Streamline Operations: Supports users in many industries, including manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, goods management and more. Gain control of inventory regardless of industry.
- More Module Customization: Allows users to choose which modules they need to optimize workflows. Get the required features without extra functions that only clutter up operations.
- Improved Visibility: Essential inventory and manufacturing management data is in one easy to access place for users to analyze. Don’t get bogged down in unorganized documents and information, gain actionable insights from data.
- Accurate Purchase Orders: Streamlines matching purchase orders to original orders. Helps keep users on top of the constant flow of product in and out of a warehouse.
- Increased Error Prevention: Automation of tedious and complicated tasks helps keep human error from throwing a wrench into the works. Fewer mistakes mean fewer wasted resources, and more time spent working on what matters.
- Useful Plugins: Use helpful plugins to augment the user experience. Fishbowl Anywhere allows access from mobile devices, Fishbowl Go can scan barcodes and perform cycle counts and Fishbowl Commerce helps manage inventory across e-commerce channels.
- Reporting Features: Gathers data created by processes such as delivery and ordering and converts it into an accessible format. This collected data can be studied to find trends and plan for the future of business operations.
- Shipping Support: Allows users to print their own shipping labels. Mobile devices can be used to track products. It also integrates with FedEx and UPS.
- Inventory Management: Automate reordering along with streamlining pick, pack and shipping to optimize the supply chain. Users can track inventory with barcoding printing and scanning.
- Multi-Location Support: Get an overhead view of a multi-location operation with robust management tools. Monitor stock levels in multiple facilities, gain trend data across all operations and transfer products from one location to another to avoid shortages.
- Multiple Currencies: Allows operations that span the globe to convert currencies. This module also enables the creation of purchase orders in the user’s currency of choice. Managers can set default currencies for vendors to keep things organized.
- Part Tracking Capabilities: Alerts users to the location of their needed manufacturing parts and where they are coming from. Set alerts for part replacement and track ordered parts by location. Tracks parts and labor costs so users can keep track of preferred vendors.
- Manufacturing Tools: The manufacturing module contains industry favorite features, including advanced work orders, bills of materials, work order automation, lot tracking and more.
- Does not include an eCommerce or native shipping module
- No on-premise installation
- Limited options for social media integration
- Only supports the English language
- Does not support voice-to-pick or pick-to-light
- Does not support collaborative inventory
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Fishbowl Inventory Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Fishbowl Inventory brings numerous modules to the table, including inventory and warehouse management, to fulfill a wide range of daily tasks. The support teams provide in-depth training and responsive support, especially from those working in Fishbowl’s Plug-In support. The system supports numerous integrations, but sometimes the integration process isn’t the most stable. Some users noted that being required to host their data on site was cumbersome and expensive. The mobile apps give users the ability to follow and interact with daily tasks while they are out of the office. The implementation process for the system can be time consuming, but overall, users felt that it satisfied their needs. Users felt that it could use more customization options and that the reporting features was a bit unpolished and basic.