What is Epicor SCM?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Epicor SCM
- Optimize Inventory: Offers an intuitive web interface that converges consensus demand and inventory planning, optimizing techniques and robust forecasting methodologies. Its modern platform helps identify and correct inventory imbalances, assess and track operational performance, improve forecast accuracy and reduce inventory costs.
- Advanced Material Management: Businesses can create electronic requests for materials, dispatch them and track inventory movements through advanced material management. Provides various features to meet customer requirements, including a material handler interface, order prioritization, sales order allocation, scanning and more.
- Manage Supplier Relationship: Delivers tools for purchasing agents, buyers and procurement staff to request quotes for subcontract services or raw material from suppliers. Manage purchasing transactions like order expediting, purchase order and supplier account management. Find the best material required through a filter and sort RFQ criteria based on price, lead-time, ISO certification, on-hand inventory and quality rating.
- Manage and Control Inventory: Reduce annual audit costs through inventory control and counting on a scheduled and regular basis through a cycle counting module. This system allows the definition of cycles needed, zero quantity counting on-hand and item designation with a suitable ABC code. Also, gain control over obsolete, slow-moving and excess inventory through physical count processes.
- Commerce Connect: Promote online business growth with a comprehensive e-commerce solution, integrated with Prophet 21 and Epicor ERP. Its benefits include mobile access, real-time stock levels, B2B and B2C channel support, special pricing, search engine optimization, site analytics, compelling storefronts, master shopper and sales rep features.
- Warehouse Management: Offers complete visibility, control and management of SCM and logistics operations through warehouse management software. Connect the warehouse with order processing and manufacturing services to optimize pick, pack, ship and receiving operations. Provides various features that include finite bin and package definitions, activities and consumption management, task and load management, multi-channel order processing and more.
- Inventory Planning: Statistical forecasting can select an accurate forecast model for items accounting for seasonality, trend and event-driven/promotion demand through demand planner. Inventory optimization offers policy decision support and helps share, collaborate and track the impact of inventory planning policy. Identify stocking trends, value, understocks, overstocks and potential order cancellations through operational analytics.
- Barcoding: Epicor BarTender improves security, safety and efficiency by automating barcodes, printing and controlling labels, plastic cards, RFID tags and more. Lets organizations consolidate designs with intelligent templates, maintain regulatory compliance and apply secure document control.
- Electronic Data Integration: Offers B2B integration solutions that provide organizations with electronic data interchange functionality, flexible data integration and database translation engines to reduce costs and increase productivity. EDI managed service on demand uses fully supported and commercially available software tools to connect customers with their business partners as a service.
- Purchase Management: Handle purchase order writing and track supplier performance through purchase management. It helps reduce inventory levels, enhance cash flows, improve on-time deliveries and increase profit levels. Provides various capabilities that include automated purchasing tools, approving suppliers, order and supplier tracker, mass purchase order and multiple location receipts, requisition management and cross-referencing.
- Shipping and Receiving: Monitor incoming and outgoing items with a central application. Improve efficiency, ease of use and accuracy through online transaction and editing. Enables container and receipt tracking, customer and miscellaneous shipment tracking, manifesting and freight management, bill of lading printing and more.
- Handheld Application: Track inventory moving throughout the enterprise with the Epicor Handheld application. Provides event-based directing and routing of managed tasks and helps maintain complete transaction history for reporting and analyzing.
Epicor SCM Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Epicor SCM offers extensive modules to manage everything from forecasting to the fulfillment processes of a complete supply chain. This user-friendly solution is highly customizable to meet the changing requirements of customers. It provides comprehensive reporting and navigation capabilities to elevate user experiences. However, many reviewers note that its customer support is not responsive, making it difficult to resolve complicated issues. Also, a complex implementation process and slow system can affect overall business performance.
Based on 426 reviews: