What is Rational Functional Tester?
IBM Rational Functional Tester is an automated functional testing and regression testing tool. This software provides automated testing capabilities for functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven testing. Rational Function Tester supports a range of applications, such as web-based, .Net, Java, Siebel, SAP, terminal emulator-based applications, PowerBuilder, Ajax, Adobe Flex, Dojo Toolkit, GEF, Adobe PDF documents, zSeries, iSeries, and pSeries.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Rational Functional Tester?
Key differentiators & advantages of Rational Functional Tester
- Storyboard testing: Simplifies test visualization and editing using natural language and rendered screenshots.
- Automated testing: Enables testers to automate tests resilient to frequent application user interface changes with ScriptAssure technology.
- Data-driven testing: Lets you perform the same series of test actions with a varying set of test data.
- Test scripting: Combines a recorder of user actions with multiple customization options and intelligent script maintenance capabilities.
- Integrations: Integrates with IBM Rational Team Concert and IBM Rational Quality Manager to provide access to work items and logical or compound SCM test asset support.