What is IBM Systems Management?
The IBM Systems Director Express, Standard, and Enterprise Editions for Power servers each provide an integrated set of tools to help IT organizations address concerns associated with managing both physical and virtual server infrastructures: Reducing the time required to monitor and repair systems for higher availability, deploy and optimize systems for increased efficiency, and to plan and document infrastructure to better understand current capabilities and future capacity needs.
Benefits and Insights
Why use IBM Systems Management?
Key differentiators & advantages of IBM Systems Management
- Automatically discover AIX®, IBM i, or Linux physical and virtual server systems and dependencies
- Administer servers and associated storage, networks, and energy to maintain service availability by quickly identifying and resolving issues
- Integrated management of heterogeneous virtualization environments across Power Systems™ (including multiple HMCs), System x®, System z® and third-party x86 servers with a common interface
- Optimize the use of virtual servers for higher levels of server consolidation
- Automate data center operations by implementing cloud-ready virtual infrastructures
- Deploy new workloads faster and more reliably with virtual image management and system pools
- Automatically identify and update server OS and firmware levels to ensure consistent deployment
- Understand application and middleware dependencies and infrastructure changes that can impact service availability
- Generate current and historical reports of system status for troubleshooting and system planning
- Analyze trends of server resource usage to plan for future capacity needs