What is ServiceNow IT Governance, Risk and Compliance?
ServiceNow IT Governance Risk and Compliance (IT GRC) automates the business-critical process of measuring and managing adherence to legislative policies, such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and industry ITIL framework like Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT).
Benefits and Insights
Why use ServiceNow IT Governance, Risk and Compliance?
Key differentiators & advantages of ServiceNow IT Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Automatically collect information from service management processes in ServiceNow as evidence of compliance
- Validate information in the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) using data certification
- Manage publishing and version control of policies using document and knowledge management capabilities built into ServiceNow
- Report assessment results and remediation activities through ServiceNow dashboards – the same ones used for service automation
- Establish a set process for validating controls and control tests using audit definitions
- Reduce the time and effort required to gather compliance evidence by automating defined collections on a scheduled basis
- Prepare for audits by organizing and assigning tasks that need to be performed before and during an audit
- Ensure continued compliance by enforcing policies and directives with controls and control tests
- Respond to control test failures and audit observations as they happen by automatically creating remediation tasks