What is Taleo?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Founded in 1996 as Recruitsoft, Taleo adopted its current name five years after its inception. Oracle acquired the hiring solution in 2012 and now offers two versions of the system. One instance is designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses, while the other is designed specifically for large businesses.
Sometimes referred to as the Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud, Taleo can assist with a variety of tasks specific to finding and hiring new employees as well as helping with employee performance management. This product provides tools to assist with every step of the employee lifecycle, from interviewing potential applicants to developing succession plans.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Taleo?
Key differentiators & advantages of Taleo
- Expedite Hiring: By utilizing the system's marketing and employee referral features, managers can expedite and streamline the hiring process from start to finish. The system assists with every step of the hiring process, from recruiting to onboarding, allowing managers to seamlessly move candidates through each step of the process, speeding up the entire hiring process.
- Candidate Experience: The solution provides CRM capabilities as well as sourcing campaigns, which create a better candidate experience.
- Improve Performance: Facilitate performance reviews and discuss goals with employees using this product to monitor employee progress and provide feedback. This allows managers to gauge which employees need extra support so that they can foster growth and improve performance.
Oracle provides software solutions to more than 430,000 customers in 175 countries. The vendor boasts ownership of more than 18,000 patents worldwide. Oracle ranks first in software solutions in numerous industries. Those industries include banking, communication, engineering, healthcare, retail, talent management and many more.
- Recruiting: The solution provides comprehensive recruiting tools that facilitate screening, interviewing, creating job offers and hiring. The system’s data metrics help to inform recruiters on the best hiring choices for the business.
- Performance Management: Provide employees with feedback from multiple sources on a variety of topics. The system is able to track both formal and informal reviews. This gives managers a clear picture of employee strengths and weaknesses.
- Employee Lifecycle Management: Build talent profiles to provide insights into employee skills and interests. This can assist managers and employees in collaborating on future career planning and development goals. Employees can look for advancement and development opportunities, while managers can use this tool to create and manage succession plans.
- Learning and Development: Managers can use this feature to develop training curriculums for employees and foster mentorship programs. Managers can connect with other managers and their employees to share learning resources and other content.
- Integration: Users can leverage the benefits of this system with other Oracle HCM Cloud solutions. The system can coexist with Oracle E-Business Suite and PeopleSoft.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Integration with third-party software is difficult and requires additional professional services
- Lacks the ability to translate accurately to other European languages
- UI isn't intuitive and navigation is difficult
- Doesn't support employee background screening
- The reporting tool can become overwhelming at times
Oracle provides ongoing support to all users through its LifeTime Support Stages for Oracle Products. The levels of service can be broken down into three tiers:
- Premier Support: provides comprehensive maintenance through 24/7 service and support. Users can also access Oracle operating system patches, security updates, product updates, enhancements and upgrades without an additional license or support fee.
- Extended Support: provides users with additional support and updates for other Oracle products including Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware for an additional fee.
- Sustaining Support: provides maintenance when Oracle software is used. This includes access to Oracle online support tools, upgrades, pre-built fixes and access to technical support experts.
Information about specific types of support and how to contact support experts is listed below:
mail_outlineEmail: Users cannot contact support experts via email.
phonePhone: Users can contact support experts via phone. Support experts are able to answer both technical and non-technical questions for supported Oracle products. The vendor lists phone numbers to contact support in more than 100 countries.
schoolTraining: The support center allows users to search for solutions by topic and communicate with other users via the My Oracle Support Community.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit requests for support via the My Oracle Support page.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 480 reviews: