What is NEOGOV?
Industry Specialties: Government, Education
NEOGOV delivers comprehensive human resource capabilities for the public sector and education organizations. The SaaS-based suite includes core HR, applicant tracking, onboarding, performance management, learning management, payroll, time and attendance, and e-forms. It’s suitable for small, medium and large businesses.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use NEOGOV?
Key differentiators & advantages of NEOGOV
- Shorten Time-to-Hire: The solution offers auto-scoring, automation and built-in capabilities, including EEO, passpoint analysis and applicant flow for handling compliance such as ADA/Section 508. Leveraging these automation features allows you to save time during the hiring process.
- Automate Recruiting: NEOGOV provides tools such as application templates, a career page and integration with background check software, which help reduce the manual work involved in finding new employees.
- Eliminate Paperwork: The software removes the need for paperwork in common tasks like hiring and onboarding. A form builder lets you create electronic forms for hiring, onboarding and other processes, both simple and complex. The forms support e-signature. Distributing, submitting, tracking and approving forms is entirely automated so you can reduce the clutter and chaos of managing hundreds or thousands of physical files.
- Simplify Onboarding: Digitizing your forms greatly cuts down on the amount of work involved in onboarding new employees. Everything from filling out W4 and I9 forms to completing e-verify can be done digitally.
- Gain Visibility Into Employee Performance: A combination of reports and dashboards gives you a picture of how individuals, teams or departments are performing. You can track progress toward goals and the status of performance reviews as well as uncover bottlenecks in the evaluation process. It also helps you spot skills gaps.
- Drive Higher Job Appeal: Your company can make positions more attractive by offering career development via performance evaluations.
- Enable Employee Growth: By delivering training via the platform’s LMS, you can equip employees to perform their jobs at the highest level. Visual tools let them picture promotion opportunities as well. A well-trained workforce can also reduce any skills gaps your company faces.
- Ensure Compliance: NEOGOV includes several features and tools that help your company remain compliant with industry regulations and HR practices. From payroll to hiring, the solution supports compliance so you can focus on more strategic tasks.
NEOGOV supports customers in the public sector at the county and state levels, as well as courts and special district organizations. It also serves higher education and K-12 institutes. Over 6,000 organizations use the solution, ranging in size from 100 to 60,000 employees. Customers include the City of Denver, Florida’s Pasco County, Beverly Hills, the City of Los Angeles, the state of Pennsylvania, San Antonio Water System, Bellevue College, Saint Mary’s College of California and Bemidji State University.
- Candidate Scoring: NEOGOV’s Insight product screens candidates for you. Once candidates have gone through screening, testing and interview stages, the software produces weighted scores based on customizable criteria to show hiring managers which applicants are the strongest.
- ATS Reporting: The solution offers over 90 reports, ranging from standard and advanced to ad-hoc. Dashboards allow you to view data in real time to stay on top of metrics like job health. You can also perform analysis on things like recruitment timelines.
- Background Checks: This feature lets you integrate with vendors such as AssureHire, CIC Credit, Verified First, Alliance 2020, Checkr and others to run a variety of background checks. With EEOC and FCRA requirements included, the system supports compliant hiring. Its online processes remove the need to do paperwork.
- Integration With GovernmentJobs.com: You can connect NEOGOV with the most-used job board for the public sector. Governmentjobs.com provides access to nearly 40 million candidate profiles. It integrates with Insight so you can manage your hiring pipeline from one location. This integration allows you to easily create and publish job listings, and it lets applicants self-schedule interviews.
- E-Forms: With this feature, you can build workflows with processes that can be started manually or automatically. It also provides notifications and reminders. Employees can follow the status of their forms via the self-service portal.
- Document Management: The system stores all forms created during each employee’s time with your company. The repository makes records accessible from a central, online location.
- Self-Service Portal: The solution allows employees to view pay stubs, request PTO and edit personal information. If an action requires manager approval, the approval process will trigger automatically.
- Continuous Feedback: This feature is part of Perform, the suite’s performance tracking solution. It enables employees and managers to continually communicate, whether for goal-tracking, feedback or any other need. Managers can schedule check-ins, and tools like journal entries make it easy to review performance and rate employees accordingly. The feature also includes performance improvement plans, which can be documented at every step.
- Sector-Specific Learning Courses: The learning management solution offers a catalog of off-the-shelf courses specific to the public sector. Courses include Human Capital, Health and Safety, Public Works, and Law Enforcement.
- Learning Management: The platform supports several course options: build-your-own courses, over 400 premade courses from the library and third-party content thanks to SCORM compatibility. The solution includes a mobile-friendly interface, certifications and course grouping for organization. It lets you monitor course completion as well as each learner’s progress. It also offers reports for compliance purposes.
- Core HR: NEOGOV provides an employee database (HRIS) for data storage and access. It allows you to administer benefits as well. The Core HR offering seamlessly connects with the payroll and time and attendance solutions.
- Payroll: The payroll solution supports many common requirements such as overtime, 9/80 time rules, retropays, meal penalty and future dating. It also helps you stay compliant with laws that impact payroll. You can integrate it with accounting software or whatever general ledger your company uses.
- Time and Attendance: A configurable system allows you to structure shifts and schedules based on the needs dictated by your business model. Mobile time entry tools and time clocks connect with digital timesheets to easily record clock-in and clock-out data. These tools help eliminate manual errors in attendance, which supports accurate payroll.
NEOGOV Suite Support
In addition to the traditional support methods mentioned below, NEOGOV hosts an annual user conference. A full day of product training is offered prior to the main conference for customers who want to deepen their knowledge of the solutions. Sessions during the 2-day conference also cover product information.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can reach out to support via a form on the website’s “Contact Us” page. The form includes the ability to list the type of support needed depending on whether someone is an applicant or a customer.
phonePhone: Those in need of product support can call (877) 204-4442. The applicant support line is (855) 524-5627.
schoolTraining: Users have access to a wide range of training materials, such as video tutorials, FAQs, guides, product release notes and announcements. There’s also a community forum where users can ask questions, get advice and suggest product enhancements.
local_offerTickets: The ticketing system includes case receipts that are shared with customers, along with a resolution timeline based on the severity and nature of the ticket submitted.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 34 reviews: