What is Atera?
Atera is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) tool that supports help desks, remote support, reporting, ticketing, and customer satisfaction surveying and billing. It is an all-in-one SaaS for managed service providers (MSP) in a single module. It has a single dashboard that allows users to create tickets, run scripts, manage alerts, remotely connect, start and stop services and more.
It offers complete control and visibility for networks with its remote monitoring software. It averts system failure for multi-site operations to reduce IT support staff. It creates alerts for IT professionals and informs them of potential crises. RMM is essential for IT professionals and MSPs as it helps users reduce expensive help desk calls.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Atera?
Key differentiators & advantages of Atera
- Real-Time Alerts: It supports CPU load, RAM usage, AV, hard drive, customized event viewer alerts and more.
- Network Discovery: Users can conduct network scans and identify upsell opportunities.
- Contracts and SLA: It can help users manage multiple services with flexibility and not miss their old SLAs.
- IT Automation: It has pre-configured maintenance and administrative tasks suitable for both workstations and servers.
- Remote Access: Atera supports both unattended and attended remote support.
- Patch Management: Users can recognize and automate software update patches, allowing customers’ networks to be up-to-date.
- Mobile App: Atera lets users’ technicians log completed work and manage customer networks at any time from anywhere.
- Billing and Invoicing: It captures all support provided and creates bills with Freshbooks, Xero and QuickBooks.
- Custom Scripting: Users can track, script and execute custom maintenance tasks to improve their IT management.
Atera provides customizable instant alerts that focus on system resources, logged in users, network and IP monitoring, SNMP monitoring, windows updates, SQL server, exchange and more. It includes pre-configured maintenance and administrative tasks applicable to workstations and servers. Atera allows users to configure system restore point, reboots, shutdowns, defragment, check disks and system scan easily.
- Remote Monitoring Management: It enables management, automation and SMB IT network monitoring from a console. It includes patch management, discovery, remote control, monitoring, inventory of IT assets, backup, security and more.
- Professional Services Automation: Atera lets users improve operational efficiency, provide better service and increase profitability. It integrates help desk, business-process automation, customer service, business analytics and RMM information to streamline and improve business operations.
- Customer Relationship Management: It manages users’ customers in a single system. It organizes customer data, includes relevant PSA and RMM information like devices, contacts, tickets, contracts, miscellaneous attachments and an encrypted password repository.
- Helpdesk and Ticketing: Users can manage their help desk with time tracking and an intuitive ticketing system. It is designed for IT service providers and MSPs for onsite and help desk activities.
- Knowledge Base: Atera helps keep track of customer knowledge and helps keep users’ teams up-to-date. Users can share data at a central location and share it with Atera’s database.
- Flexible Contracts and Services: Users can manage a variety of contract types sorted by customer. It includes differentiated rates for projects, off-hour work, 3rd-party projects and more.
- Integration with Accounting Software: Users can create invoices in the accounting software of their choice. Atera integrates with Xero, QuickBooks Online and Desktop. It can also output a general CSV from any software.
- Monthly Billing and Time Sheets: It captures time and applies it to contract types automatically, creates monthly bills and invoices and ends billing disputes with invoice, time and tickets details, which can be configured per customer.
- Customer Portal: Atera offers a brandable customer portal that lets customers add tickets, view ticket status and access their knowledge base posts.
- Reports and Analytics: Users can measure and analyze their activities, support their team’s performance and increase customer satisfaction.
- Robust Security: It protects remote sessions with 256-bit AES and TLS encryption. It logs file transfers, management events and connections. Atera also encrypts user ids and passwords in-flight and at rest.
As of this review these limitations are current:
Some of the product limitations include:
- Reporting sheets don’t offer customization.
- The agents go offline, requiring users to restart the system manually.
- QuickBooks integration is not seamless.
- API requests are ignored.
- User interface is not simple.
- Users cannot search for devices based on serial numbers.
Atera Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can email [email protected] for support.
phonePhone: Atera does not provide phone support.
schoolTraining: Atera has case studies, white papers, articles and webinars on their website.
local_offerTickets: Users can create a ticket by submitting a request on Atera’s website.