What is OpenAir?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
NetSuite OpenAir enables users to effectively manage time, resources and projects. It contains graphical visualizations of relevant metrics such as profit margin and helps users develop customized analytical reports using drag-and-drop tools. It also allows users users to manage and keep track of time-off requests.
Users can leverage the resource allocation features to effectively plan projects. Offering cloud-based deployment, it's a versatile option for a variety of businesses.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use OpenAir?
Key differentiators & advantages of OpenAir
- Visibility: Users can track KPIs immediately upon opening OpenAir through graphical analysis. The program also enables users to see which employees are on PTO and who has requested time off on specific days.
- User-Friendly: OpenAir is a comparatively easy-to-use tool, especially in terms of its report search capabilities. It allows users to browse through hundreds or even thousands of reports using basic search terminology (similar to how one would use Google) to find the specific document they are looking for.
- Individualized Solution: The solution can be customized to adhere to individualized needs. For example, users can develop their own reports measuring data points that are most relevant to operational needs through drag-and-drop tools in the system.
- Increased Productivity: OpenAir contains easy visualization of labor allocation, which enables users to more effectively schedule employee tasks. Employee availability, skill and experience can be measured to ensure that the most appropriate staff member is put on each project.
- Communication: Users can add notes to different aspects of the workflow to ensure standardized communication. For example, when entering billable hours, one could add a note to clarify information about a time entry.
More than 18,000 customers located across 200+ companies use NetSuite. Some of the industries that use this service include apparel, food and beverage, healthcare, education, energy, manufacturing, retail, publishing, transportation, restaurants and distribution.
- Time Tracking: With this feature, users can customize timesheet approvals by client or project. The program also supports multi-level and project-based approvals. Users can track leave and vacation time so that employees can see who’s in or out of the office and schedule meetings and appointments appropriately. Notes and descriptions can also be added to each input, and time can be sorted by billable or non-billable hours.
- Project Management: Project management enables users to visualize the complete status of a project so that users can keep tasks on-track and reduce the potential for errors or incomplete deliverables. “What if” project planning scenarios can be developed to help adjust margins, billing rates, pricing and staffing. The program also supports Gantt charts, project status summaries and exceptions reports.
- Reporting/Dashboard: OpenAir contains dashboards reflecting KPIs upon initial login. Data points such as profit margin, resource utilization and projected vs. actual budget are represented as graphs to make the development of actionable insights faster and easier. Users can build their own reports using drag-and-drop tools based on specific business needs.
- Resource Management: Users can see labor resource allocation and deploy staff members to different projects based on experience, skills, availability, etc. through the resource management tool. The program allows users to deploy labor resources from across the globe, attribute work back to the correct project teams and bill labor resources in the appropriate currency.
- Expense Tracking: This feature integrates with workflows such as project accounting and invoicing to expedite the expense management cycle, including expense submission, approval and reporting. Expenses are directly tied to projects, which eliminates confusion regarding where an expense came from and who should be billed.
- Invoicing: OpenAir supports multi-currency and multi-taxation requirements such as PST, VAT and GST. It manages finances from the time a bid is prepared to the time an internal charge-back is issued. Project profitability is tracked on a case-by-case basis due to the complexity of measuring ROI for diverse projects. Revenue recognition is conducted separately from project billing.
OpenAir Suite Support
NetSuite OpenAir offers Basic, Premium and Advanced Customer Support tiers. The specific functionality associated with each of these plans differs. NetSuite offers the Basic Support plan as a part of every software subscription.
mail_outlineEmail: Online support requests can be made through NetSuite’s SuiteAnswers Customer Access Portal. All support tiers have access to this feature. Premium Support holders receive online case responses that are prioritized by severity level.
phonePhone: Users who opt for Premium Support get 24/7 assistance for high priority issues along with toll-free access to the Technical Center.
schoolTraining: NetSuite offers certifications, virtual courses and webinars to help users learn more about the OpenAir product.
local_offerTickets: Tickets can be submitted online by any OpenAir customer or through the phone with a Premium Support package.