What is Jira?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Jira
- Mobile Integration: Remote teams and single users can access everything on-the-go through mobile apps available for download.
- Connectivity: Built to fit into a user’s setup with over 800 plugins and add-ons available on the Atlassian marketplace, it easily fits with REST and Java APIs.
- Data Visibility: Gain an overhead view of the company’s operational performance with its searchable hub of information.
- Agile Project Management: Keep everyone updated on priority tasks and overall project timelines with its Scrum and Kanban boards. Store data for later access when projects are completed.
- Developer Tools: Capture more than issue and bug tracking with the Jira Query Language (JQL). Let developers create numerous manipulations and filters quickly while accessing other options.
- Scrum Boards: Let teams working in sprints manage and prioritize tasks. Customize scrum boards for agile teams to deliver iterative and incremental value quickly.
- Kanban Boards: Gain extra visibility into project planning and monitor progress at every stage of a project lifecycle. Adjust kanban boards to get full visibility into upcoming tasks to maximize output in minimal time.
- Roadmaps: Sketch out a team’s strategic vision and view the status of all ongoing projects in an understandable format. Communicate priorities with adjacent teams and stakeholders and align the roadmap with a team’s work in a few clicks.
- Agile Reporting: Gain real-time actionable insights into team performance with over a dozen reports. Generate customized and default reports to measure team progress and productivity while ensuring nothing gets overlooked.
- Easy Information Transfer: Bring in data from favorite builds, version control and more.
- Customizable Workflows: Businesses can create workflows that fit their teams’ and organizational frameworks. Gain a 360-degree view of processes and ensure no steps are overlooked. Foster team communication to share ideas and attachments in the form of text, audio and video content.
- Confusing to generate reports.
- UI is not intuitive.
- Difficult to control information duplication.
- Complex administration and difficulty to set up its back-end.
- Limited capacity to upload files.
- Not an open-source tool.
- Steep learning curve.
Jira Software Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Jira Software
10 Users: 10$
11-100 Users: 7$ per user
$5 per user for the next 150 users
$1.10 per user for each additional user up to5000 users
1-10 Users: 10$ for Commercial and Academic
11-25 Users: $2,500 for Commercial and $1,500 for Academic
26-50 Users: $4,500 for Commercial and $2,2250 for Academic
Self-hosted Data Center:
1-500 Users: $12,000 for Commercial and $6,000 for Academic
501-1000 Users: $24,000 for Commercial and $12,000 for Academic
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Jira offers a robust suite of project management capabilities that help most of its users handle complex projects efficiently. It helps manage project priorities, delegate tasks and monitor project progress while streamlining workflows. It also boosts team communication and assignments with its collaborative tools. However, it requires a steep learning curve to make full use of its features, is expensive for smaller businesses and support can be sluggish to fix issues.
Based on 14782 reviews: