What is FunctionFox?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
FunctionFox is a cloud-based resource management solution that tracks projects, project time and expenses. It helps creative firms transition to a paperless ecosystem and replace cumbersome spreadsheets with efficient inclusions that monitor projects and time. It also offers task assignment, timesheets, scheduling and reporting.
It supports timesheets and the billing requirements of creative teams, including graphic design, advertising, marketing, multimedia and public relations. It helps organizations take charge of their project lifecycles, understand their workflows in detail and increase their billing hours.
It supports unlimited projects and clients and can be customized according to an organization’s workflow. Users can monitor project estimates, costs, expenses, budgets and quotes. It sends automatic email alerts and can generate reports on expenses, personnel, clients and more. It also includes a stopwatch to track billable and non-billable hours. It also offers a mobile application for iOS and Android devices.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use FunctionFox?
Key differentiators & advantages of FunctionFox
- Reduces Timesheet Hassles: Creative firms are often confronted with the challenge of getting their staff to accurately record their activities. Lack of input leads to administrative challenges and difficulties with assigning tasks. FunctionFox lets employees record their time quickly and painlessly, removing inaccuracies in work allocation while monitoring several projects simultaneously. It also sends reminders to employees who forget to fill in their timesheets.
- Controls Multiple Projects: It helps businesses track the minute details of ongoing projects to avoid cost and time overruns. Its built-in communication tools ensure that the projects have the requisite information to be completed. It provides budget estimates, the status of ongoing projects and client and personnel reports at a glance.
- Manages Resources: FunctionFox simplifies scheduling and task allocation to boost productivity. It adjusts production schedules according to project estimates, avoiding budget overruns. It sends updates to keep project managers informed of the underutilization or overutilization of resources. Team leads also get to learn about the efficiency of different staff members and their output levels.
- Project History: It gives users a peek into a project’s history as far back as two months. Reviewing project histories helps managers make the requisite adjustments to address issues and ensures that the project meets deadlines.
- Modern Method: FunctionFox offers a modern and fluid approach to project management, track milestones and monitor time against the traditional timesheets and Excel sheets used by many creative firms. It streamlines processes and project tracking capabilities to meet client deadlines without hampering creativity.
- Mobile Responsive: FunctionFox offers native mobile applications for iOS and Android users that are accessible from anywhere.
FunctionFox provides tools to increase the productivity and profitability of creative teams in industries including architecture, agencies, graphic design, marketing, public relations, multimedia and more. It also helps freelancers achieve their professional goals efficiently. It supports more than 100,000 users in over 120 countries.
- Project Management: FunctionFox streamlines processes to help creative firms deliver top-notch services. It comes with a set of powerful inclusions like budget estimation, expense tracking, project milestones with deadlines, project calendar and schedules. It includes pre-built templates to mirror previously successful projects along with task allocation, due dates and to-do lists. It supports exporting and sharing project schedules, retainer and estimate email alerts, resource availability calendars and project request forms that can be tailored according to user needs.
- Time Tracking: Its built-in timesheets and stopwatch streamline time tracking. Managers can compare actual numbers with budgets and estimates to keep projects on schedule. Its CEO Desktop dashboard provides an overview of projects, clients and employees at a glance. The CEO Desktop provides a graphical representation of estimated costs, project deadlines and estimated hours and costs compared to actual hours worked.
- Easy Customization: FunctionFox can be customized as per the needs of an organization. It offers flexibility, numerous custom fields and status options. It also regulates users’ access to information to avoid overwhelming them.
- Collaboration: With the easy exchange of information across the organization, FunctionFox fosters collaboration among team members. It offers a Flink document exchange tool that sends email alerts and announcements to staff. It lets users set access rights, provide access to contractors or freelancers and a project blog with email alerts. All included plans support any number of projects and clients and provide customized fields to track projects.
- Reporting: FunctionFox generates detailed reports on customers, personnel, tasks, expenses and project activities. These reports provide insight into a company’s financial health, performance, project timelines and staff productivity.
- Task Management: Its scheduling and task management functions help businesses take charge of their employee schedules and allocate tasks according to an individual’s capabilities. It lets managers set project milestones, goals and schedules. Companies can also track staff performance to enhance productivity and profitability.
- Budgeting: Budgeting is an essential element for any project. FunctionFox helps businesses plan their budget and project estimates to avoid overspending. It ensures that project expenses are kept within financial bounds by aligning production schedules with project requirements and goals.
- Prompt Support: It provides free onboarding and prompt customer support. Its support experts are available to solve challenges related to the product swiftly. Users are allocated account managers to respond to queries promptly and solve user issues with their expertise.
This product has the following limitations as of the writing of this review:
- Offers integrations with limited third-party applications. System updates and features have to be added with the help of a customer care representative.
- Isn’t easy to customize reports without any guidance.
- Users have to go through a steep learning curve to fully understand its features.
- Dashboard is not intuitive enough.
- Lacks a resident version and becomes inaccessible when the internet is out.
- Can’t post times on multiple projects simultaneously.
- UI is clunky and confusing for new users. The lower half of its screen contains too much unnecessary information that is non-intuitive and confusing.
- Help menu requires improvement to better support users.
FunctionFox Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Email queries can be sent to [email protected]
phonePhone: Phone inquiries can be directed toll-free to 1(866) 369 8463 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific time and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, phone calls can be directed to (250) 479 1285.
schoolTraining: FunctionFox’s site features common questions, podcasts, training sessions, video guides and a blog section to guide users on various topics related to product set-up and issues faced.
local_offerTickets: This information is not currently available.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 121 reviews: