What is Basecamp?
Basecamp is a web-based project management and communication software suitable for SMBs to large enterprises. With to-do-lists, due dates, calendaring, and file-sharing, it can be used to communicate ideas, time tasks, give feedback and define deadlines. The primary focus was to provide a simple, visual interface in which users can create projects, document progress and manage tasks. The restrict permissions and views in Basecamp allow managers to choose which team members and clients to collaborate with. Can also be used to host discussions, group chat, organize events and meetings, and much more. Best of all, the subscription is not charged per user.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Basecamp?
Key differentiators & advantages of Basecamp
- Easy to use: With Basecamp, tasks are organized into to-do lists, with due dates and assigned employees. Users also get to prioritize and reorder tasks. At the end of each operation, Basecamp summarizes the accomplishments and generates automated reports.
- Cloud-based solution: Basecamp is an online project management software hosted in the cloud and provided as a service. It doesn’t require any maintenance and updates. Everything is taken care of from the subscription plan.
- Native Mobile Apps: Basecamp provides organizations with native mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. So, users can easily comment, catch-up, chat or even snooze notifications while on-the-go.
- Third party integrations: Basecamp offers seamless integration with various business applications such as Zapier, Pleexy, Hubstaff, Harvest, Ganttify, Instabug, Akita, and more.
- Effective communication: Basecamp is an ideal platform for sharing ideas, proposals, organize meetings and events. It ensures all team members are on the same page. The Campfire allows users to ping and chat with individuals and groups in real time, and reach consensus in quick time.
- State-of-the-art features: The platform introduces innovative features to make project management an easy task and save time. The Automatic Check-ins replace the mundane status meets, while the Hey! menu allows users to turn-off their email notifications and get a glance at anything that’s new to them.