What is Airtable?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Airtable
- Link Content: Airtable provides a unique functionality that allows you to link records between tables. This eliminates duplicate data entry and creates intelligent relationships among items.
- Use Airtable for Free: The basic package is available for free and doesn’t have a user limit. It includes essential capabilities, unlimited bases, a max of 1,200 records per base and other features.
- Build Tables With Rich Fields: The software enables you to create different layouts within each table using unique field types. Single line text, attachments, checkboxes, links to records, multiple selections dates and other options are available to configure a table that fits each project’s needs.
- Enhance Collaboration: Team members can communicate seamlessly via tagged comments. And with native apps for desktop and mobile (iOS and Android), Airtable facilitates on-the-go work. All changes sync across every team member’s device, keeping everyone updated in real time.
Airtable has a customer base of over 80,000 that’s spread around the world. WeWork, Condé Nast Entertainment, Cole Haan, Shopify and Box are among the notable names on its client Rolodex.
- Bases: Databases form the foundation of projects in Airtable. Similar to spreadsheets, each base supports multiple tables. Additionally, you can view the information in each table in several ways.
- Blocks: Blocks add functionality to bases, letting you build workflows that fit to your team’s needs. Using the WYSIWYG editor, you can create a host of layouts and interactive interfaces, such as timelines, charts, time trackers, pivot tables, 3D model explorers, page designers and countdown clocks. Blocks also give you the ability to send group SMS messages or connect via video chat.
- Templates: Get started with out-of-the box templates that cover the gamut of project types and are suitable for different departments. Choose from categories like content production, creative, event planning, marketing, project management, product and more.
- Layout Configurations: Airtable displays project details using four different views: Kanban, grid, calendar or gallery. The grid layout provides an overview of different tasks that include priority level, department, deadline and other elements. The Kanban and gallery views have similar functionality but are more visual and less detailed. Finally, the calendar displays tasks based on deadline date for a visual overview.
- Integrations and Extensions: Airtable integrates with popular apps including other project management tools such as Asana and Trello. It also connects with Zendesk, Box, Evernote, G Suite tools, GitHub, Dropbox and others. For extended capabilities, your team can use Zapier to configure integrations with more than 1,000 apps and websites.
Airtable Suite Support
Based on 1299 reviews: