What is Airtable?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Airtable
- Link Content: Provides a unique functionality that allows you to link records between tables. Eliminates duplicate data entry and creates intelligent relationships among items.
- Use Airtable for Free: A basic package is available for free with no user limit. Its free plan includes essential capabilities, unlimited bases, a max of 1,200 records per base and other more.
- Build Tables With Rich Fields: Create different layouts within each table using unique field types, including single-line text, attachments, checkboxes, links to records, multiple selection dates and more to help configure a table that fits each project’s needs.
- Enhance Collaboration: Lets team members communicate seamlessly via tagged comments. Native apps for desktop and mobile (iOS and Android) facilitate on-the-go work. All changes sync across every team member’s device, keeping everyone updated in real time.
- Bases: Based on databases that are similar to spreadsheets, and each base supports multiple tables. Lets users view the information in each table in several ways. Can be used to create content calendars, product roadmaps and event plans, among others.
- Blocks: Blocks add functionality to bases, letting users build workflows that fit their team’s needs. The WYSIWYG editor lets users create a host of layouts and interactive interfaces, such as timelines, charts, time trackers, pivot tables, 3D model explorers, page designers and countdown clocks. Also gives users the ability to send group SMS messages or connect via video chat.
- Templates: Out-of-the-box templates cover the gamut of project types and are suitable for different departments. Lets users choose from categories like content production, creative, event planning, marketing, project management and more.
- Layout Configurations: Displays project details using four different views: Kanban, grid, calendar or gallery. The grid layout provides an overview of different tasks that include priority level, department, deadline and other elements. Kanban and gallery views have similar functionality but are more visual and less detailed. Calendars display tasks based on deadlines for a visual overview.
- Integrations and Extensions: Integrates with popular apps, including other project management tools like Asana and Trello. Connects with Zendesk, Box, Evernote, G-Suite tools, GitHub, Dropbox and others. Teams can use Zapier for extended capabilities to configure integrations with more than 1,000 apps and websites.
- View Data: Lets users create different views for different cases. Grouping, sorting and power filtering gives users the right view for their content. Save views for easy access.
- Airtable Apps: Airtable marketplace has over 50 pre-built apps. The Gantt app helps users tackle project dependencies and visualize progress. Its Page Designer app helps users pull data to create slides, catalogs and invoices.
- Accounting features are lacking in functionality.
- Advanced features are available on the pro plan.
- Some users find it to be very expensive.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Airtable provides a suite of robust database management tools for powerful project management. Most customers are very happy with the product as it integrates well with other popular software and encourages collaboration amongst team members. Quite a few users mention that the interface is intuitive and useful, though a few issues with the mobile app have been pointed out.
Based on 2194 reviews: