What is WorkZone?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of WorkZone
- Secure File Sharing: Share files across clients, employees and vendors. Set permissions for folders or documents so that individuals get access to appropriate items.
- File Versioning: Keep track of multiple file versions as they are being revised. Automatically organizes files and adds version numbers to eliminate confusion and ensure that the team uses the latest version. 'Check out' a file to let others know that it is in the revision process.
- Approval Workflows: Automate approval workflows by creating and emailing approval requests to the appropriate parties. The approvals dashboard allows users to view and manage all items currently out for approval. The dashboard lists each approver, response status, the date of reply and comments for each item.
- Image Markup: Offers the ability to add comments to a printed document or image without additional software like Adobe Acrobat. Users don’t have to dig or ask around for changes as it centralizes collaboration efforts by storing all comments and revisions within the project at hand.
- Project Template: Layout all requirements for a project template and save it for iterability, consistency, time saving and efficiency. Reusing existing templates also allows users to bring in associated fields like responsible parties, timeline and information.
- Stay Up-To-Date: Get notified of approvals or new documents, comments, tasks or calendar events by setting alerts. Links will take the user directly to the item within Workzone.
- Custom Branding: Customize WorkZone by setting default background colors and logos to reflect the organization’s brand. Create an access portal/extranet for each major customer or business partner with their specific brand identity to add extra personalization and professionalism.
- Leverage Integration: Offers REST API support, and users can connect the system to Zapier to integrate with more than 1,000 web apps.
- Project Dashboard: Get real-time insight into all projects' status for effective management of teams and workflows. The project column is broken down into task dependencies, start and end dates, resources and notes. Overdue, completed or late projects are represented by a color bar, symbol and percentage.
- Gantt Charts: Get a clear and visual representation of time frames with its interactive Gantt chart. Changes made to a project are reflected in the chart in real time. The default view shows a monthly project schedule for a period of six months. Select weeks or years to switch to a shorter or longer project timeframe.
- To-Do Lists: Assigned to-dos are automatically emailed to each user. Tasks are organized according to date and priority for efficient workflows. It also provides real-time updates for any changes made.
- Team Discussion: Provides a centralized comment area for discussions or feedback. It has an organized, time-stamped record of all the relevant discussions. Tag users to send or receive notifications on new comments.
- Workload Reports: Identify over or under-utilized resources across the organization via All Workspaces to balance workloads for efficient productivity. Time periods are shaded in red to warn users about over-allocation.
- Time Tracking: Get visibility of time worked on each project for client billing. Time reports show reported hours organized by workspace, project or responsible party that can be filtered by date and category. Export reports via Excel, PDF or API.
- Group Calendar: Provides centralized visibility on the entire organization’s timeline of events such as vacations, occasions, tasks and approvals. Users can filter specific workspaces or projects and drill down to get details on the item. Workspaces are displayed with different colors based on items.
- Project Request Forms: Manage all project requests for approval through one central dashboard. Teams can customize the form depending on the type of request that is being made and also include lead time.
- Task Dependencies: Set task dependencies to manage planning processes and deliver projects efficiently. Any date changes made to the task will automatically change the date of all tasks that depend on it to ensure the correct order flow of the project.
- Status Alerts: View the status of each project via notification and colorful icons. Set automatic email alerts for overdue tasks.
- Does not offer advanced budgeting, accounting and expense tracking features.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
WorkZone provides a robust tool and features for efficient project management. It is easy to use and adopt, and standardizes workflows using project request forms and project templates. It provides a centralized conversation area, so everyone stays on the same page, making status reviews more productive. Users enjoyed contacting the customer support team as they are very responsive to training or issues. Updates on the timeline can take longer than usual, and several users complained that it was difficult to locate things. WorkZone is open to taking suggestions and careful with adding new features. However, users want to see improvement in their dashboards and more advanced accounting functions.
Based on 192 reviews: