What is Primavera P6?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Primavera P6Primavera P6 Professional Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Standalone Application: This Windows-based software cuts out web-based product lag and screen refresh. Its standalone nature makes P6 Professional the choice tool for schedulers and managers who want to access and make changes faster.
- Resource Management: Reduce wasteful spending by eliminating unsuccessful investments and redundancy to improve productivity and performance.
- Optimal Portfolio Management: Review real-time portfolio performance and compare current and future data to identify investment gaps and potential problems.
- Web-Based: This 100% web-based solution connects to a visually-rich interface server with a greater scope for multiple projects or project portfolios across the organization. Add new users quickly by providing simple logins.
- Optimize Planning: Increases planning efficiency through robust scheduling, project and resource management features.
- Collaboration: Facilitates team-based collaboration with business process automation capabilities to improve decision-making, streamline coordination and improve efficiency.
Key FeaturesPrimavera P6 Professional Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Scheduling: The WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) tool helps establish relationships between activities. Critical schedule paths are calculated by the scheduling feature for more robust, reliable deadlines that keep a project on track.
- Resource and Cost Control Management: Activities can all be allocated to resources, unit prices and expenses, which leads to better budget tracking. Project teams can easily compare planned and actual cost statuses.
- Reporting: An advanced reporting feature uses existing database reports or customized versions to promote decision making and keep team members up to date.
- Configuration: Intuitive data entry forms simplify data collection, while workflows promote user adoption and productivity increases.
- Customization: Customizable Gantt charts and time-scaled logic diagrams make it easy to create reports at intervals that match required information.
- Team Member Interface: The Team Member Mobile App allows users to easily update, capture progress, communicate, view predecessor and successor tasks/documents and filter the task list by timeframe or search. Users can also update tasks offline via the iPhone/iPad app. An Android interface is provided, as well as email status options.
- Integrated Risk Management: Includes industry-standard risk management, robust reporting and analytics that allow for achievable resource optimization, risk-adjusted plans and more efficient project deliveries.
- Dashboard Reporting: Contains robust system reporting tools and visual reports, graphs, and tables that demonstrate the status of projects at any level.
- Portfolio Management: Manages project groups in collective portfolios. It also includes a project selection feature, where users can score upcoming projects and decide which ones deserve a green light.
- Streamline Enterprise Reporting: Offers robust analytics and a visualizer that lets users create operational reports and BI on projects and programs. Large, complex schedules give a rich view and can be imported/exported for sharing purposes.
- Limited software integrations
- Adjusting items to print is time-consuming
Primavera P6 Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Primavera P6 has all the required features of a comprehensive project and portfolio management such as a structure for work breakdown, dashboards, business process automation, resource allocation, analysis and more. It can be scaled to any number of projects, and it offers scheduling software that can manage project schedules of any size. Users can use Gantt charts to track a project or program’s progress and make important decisions. Reviewers mentioned that its interface isn’t easy for beginners and requires training to use. The software has rich features and is high end, making it costly for premium or adding more users.
Based on 371 reviews: