What is Primavera P6?
Oracle’s Primavera P6 is an enterprise level cloud-based SaaS solution for project and portfolio management that helps businesses across construction and engineering industries to manage projects of any size, adapts to varying levels of complexity across projects and intelligently scales to meet the needs of all roles, functions, or skill levels in their organization. It offers a suite of applications such as project scheduling, cost and project controls, resource management, portfolio management, document management, reporting and analytics, risk management, collaboration and content management, and timesheets.
Primavera P6 also features Gantt charts, calendar and activity, custom data capture, multi-user access, and multi-tiered project hierarchies, issue resolution, and more. It helps users gain valuable insights into their project, so as to make informed decisions in real-time and mitigate any negative impact brought about by issues.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Primavera P6
- Strategic Project Mix: With Primavera P6, Project Managers can analyze the number of projects they have and what their requirements are against their workforce. They can manage incoming demand and select just the right balance of projects, letting them optimize their resources.
- Managing Multiple Projects: Primavera P6 helps organizations meet the challenge to manage multiple projects. It facilitates multi-user access, multi-project functionality, multi-tiered project hierarchies, resource scheduling, data capture, and customizable views.
- Interoperability: Primavera P6 provides standard integrations with any existing Oracle enterprise management solutions like Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence and ERP solutions from SAP and others. Project managers can also create custom solutions by leveraging the Primavera Gateway, Primavera Web Services, and integration API.
- Team Collaboration: The platform facilitates team-based collaboration through graphical workflow modeling and interactive configurable forms, into the typical work process. It also integrates with email clients to improve communication between team members on a per activity basis.
- Reporting and Analytics: With Primavera P6, users get an access to 70+ standard reports or custom reporting in multiple formats including .pdf, .csv, and .xml. Primavera P6 also offers an add-on, “Primavera Analytics” that supports business intelligence and operational reports.
- Native Mobile App: Primavera P6 offers an app for iOS and Android devices for team members to access the system while on-the-go. Members can update status, submit timesheets, view location map, attach files, create multiple reminders, or update activities in an offline mode. Everything gets automatically synchronized when internet connectivity is restored.
Primavera P6 Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 371 reviews: