What is Planview?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Planview is a cloud-based work and resource management software application that helps companies transform their processes from strategy to delivery. It lets enterprises accelerate on-strategy delivery, adapt to changing work environments, create an innovation culture, realize agile at scale and make the product shift.
It delivers a comprehensive set of modules that include innovation, portfolios and lean management, strategic and financial planning, lean and agile delivery and enterprise architecture. It is designed for addressing the requirements of mid-market to global enterprises.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Planview?
Key differentiators & advantages of Planview
- Improve Agility: Connect funding and strategic plans to agile delivery, speed time to market, embrace new workflows and scale through agile enterprise planning. Customers can drive agile transformation by linking programs, projects, strategic and product portfolios to agile teams.
- Strategic Planning: Strategic road-mapping helps drive strategy for delivered products, services and applications. Define plans, measure progress and track status using program management capabilities. Handle strategic funding and performance from strategy to initiatives using financial and capital planning. Evaluate performance and share progress with dashboards and visualizations. Supports ideation and collaboration to engage in creating and executing plans.
- Advanced Technology: Enterprise and technology architects can deliver business outcomes with effective technology plans through its enterprise architecture software. Enables EAs and PMOs to manage work, strategy, resources, technology and applications in an integrated portfolio to push change initiatives.
- Manage Product Portfolio: Businesses can align product portfolios to innovation strategy and ensure the availability of the right resources to deliver innovative, profitable and differentiated products to the market. Supports innovation and ideas, gated projects, product lifecycle and product development process management.
- Sustained Innovation: Gain visibility and manage the entire ideation process using a single platform through its enterprise innovation management solution. It promotes innovation culture, employee engagement and customer voice to move the best ideas forward. Offers various features like idea management, crowdsourced decision making, idea selection, innovation delivery and metrics.
- Manage Team’s Work: Delivers tools required by teams to manage, plan and visualize their collaborative work through its work management software. Provides a full spectrum of enterprise work and portfolio management solutions to help organizations navigate strategy to delivery transformation.
Planview is a global platform that empowers over 1 million users and 4000 customers worldwide. It has been recognized as a 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for enterprise agile planning tools and ranked highest in 2019 for project and portfolio management. It has also been named a leader in the Forrester Wave report for linking innovation, planning and work delivery.
- Project Portfolio Management: Integrates planning and execution to optimize project portfolios, link plans and resources to project execution and balance capacity against demand. Enhances visibility and decision making by managing KPIs and metrics, measuring performance and spotting issues.
- Agile Program Management: Businesses can effectively envision, plan and deliver the most prominent initiatives through its agile program management solution. It helps manage workflows, time releases and business decisions, sequence features and stories with connected board views, map dependencies and remove roadblocks between teams.
- Lean Portfolio Management: Enhance business outcomes, deliver products faster and support corporate strategic objectives by connecting strategic portfolio management with agile delivery through lean portfolio management. It enables value stream planning and alignment, agile team costing and capitalization, agile program management and lean budgeting, funding and governance.
- Enterprise Kanban: Increase the agile delivery team’s productivity, minimize waste and strengthen agility throughout the organization by visualizing and connecting work with market-leading Kanban software. Visualize workflows, bottlenecks and dependencies between teams by leveraging configurable Kanban boards.
- Planview PPM Pro: It assembles, prioritizes and executes projects, helping PMOs focus resources on the most valuable work. Propel PMO to the next level using various features like portfolio, intake, resource and budget management, project prioritization alignment, time tracking, team collaboration, Gantt charts and more.
- Planview Enterprise One: Enables mature PMOs and EPMOs to accelerate strategic executions. Achieve maximum business performance by optimizing resources, combining business and technology planning and delivering breakthrough services, products and customer experience. Provides numerous features for effective strategy, demand, planning, outcomes, analytics and reporting, collaboration and security.
User feedback indicates the following limitations of Planview, as of the time of this review:
- It’s not intuitive and involves a steep learning curve.
- Difficult to customize and navigate.
- Limited integration capabilities.
- Lacks a flexible reporting system.
Planview Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can email [email protected] for general queries and [email protected] for website support. Additional email addresses are also mentioned on the contact page for customer care, partner program and public relations. A request form can also be submitted to connect with the team.
phonePhone: For any queries, USA customers can call 800 856 8600. Other international support numbers are also available on its support page.
schoolTraining: It provides various training options that include articles, documents, reports, videos, blog posts and webinars. It also offers a course library which provides several courses for different products.
local_offerTickets: Customers can search through its customer success center for their questions or log in to access the customer care portal to submit a ticket.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 237 reviews: