What is Pivotal Tracker?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Pivotal Tracker is a cloud-hosted project planning solution that facilitates real-time communication and collaboration within cross-functional agile teams. Businesses can keep a tab on progress throughout a project’s lifecycle. It helps teams delegate and prioritize tasks, list actionable components and set deadlines. Project status, conversations and workflows are stored at a central location for easy accessibility and defining priorities.
It computes the time required to complete a project or smaller tasks based on previous data. Managers can use this data to estimate delivery time for every project subject to workforce availability and other conditions. It offers an iteration module that helps prioritize project tasks and divide them into manageable subtasks. Project status, everyday tasks and resource availability are displayed on a shared calendar.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Pivotal Tracker?
Key differentiators & advantages of Pivotal Tracker
- 360-Degree View: Control projects across the board with complete visibility into their status and progress. Synchronize updated information with team members to reduce reporting time. Generate a history of project developmental progress while highlighting critical aspects that need to be tackled.
- Effective Communication: Share documents as well as concerns with team members with clear and effective lines of communication. Deal with customer feedback effectively by providing feasible project delivery timelines.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Get access to a virtual environment that fosters conversation and doesn’t need constant refreshing. Get regular updates via email, RSS, Campfire or Twitter. Let developers attach mock-ups that could be turned into working tools.
- Integrations: Create a variety of integrations and tools with REST API. Seamlessly integrates with external modules like Slack, Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, Zendesk and others.
- iOS Compatibility: Access integrated mobile interface on iOS devices and tackle critical issues on-the-go. Record stories from anywhere and get access to all business aspects in offline mode.
Pivotal Tracker provides agile project management solutions to industries like software and IT, non-profits, hospitality and food, academic institutions, public projects and more. It has helped businesses worldwide evolve their collaboration methods and agile development efforts. It provides reliable estimates to schedule important events and milestones.
- Stories: Use stories to track actionable work items and project progress. Customize stories with categories like features, chores and bugs to construct new features, prevent bugs and restrict technical debts. Gauge a story’s complexity while prioritizing and allocating points by iteration using drag-and-drop functions.
- Velocity: Businesses can measure their speed and trajectory using velocity. Find out the pace at which teams are completing stories and gaining points per iteration. Get a realistic picture of project delivery time based on points earned in recent iterations. Encourage a consistent rhythm within teams to meet stringent deadlines.
- Workspaces: Set-up an ideal workspace by arranging multiple projects and juggling responsibilities on a single screen. Use the drag-and-drop tool to move stories between projects and find things by searching backlogs. Store all work across teams and projects into the ‘my work’ panel. Have an accessible location that contains all stories to plan future to-do lists.
- Analytics: Gauge team performance with broad trends and minute details that illustrate a project’s health. Identify fluctuations and trends to get a reality check of team productivity. Drill down reports to monitor project health closely by iterations, releases, epics and more. Gather requisite data for the teams to detect and remove bottlenecks from the elementary level.
- File Sharing and Labels: Enrich stories with presentations, mock-ups and other files from Google Drive or a computer. Organize stories with searchable labels for a more visible workflow.
- Notifications: Stay updated by configuring message notifications on desktop or mobile. Users can involve people in conversations with mentions and follow stories they like.
This product has the following limitations as of writing this review:
- Difficult to navigate between pages.
- UI is complex and requires a steep learning curve to understand its functions.
- Limited reporting capabilities.
- Hard to distinguish labels to organize stories.
- GitHub integration documentation is outdated.
mail_outlineEmail: Email queries can be sent to [email protected]
phonePhone: Phone support is unavailable at present.
schoolTraining: Pivotal Tracker’s site features blogs, demo videos and a help center with step-by-step guides on various topics related to product set-up and issues.
local_offerTickets: R This information is not listed at present.
Pivotal Tracker Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 284 reviews: