What is Modern Requirements?
Industry Specialties: Healthcare and Medical Devices, Financial Services, Government and Defense, Product Manufacturing, Services and Technology Providers
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Modern Requirements
- Sync Data: Modern Requirements partners with several sync bridge providers, making it possible to connect data between the system database and other sources, such as Jira. This ensures accurate data history. You have the option to set up a bidirectional or unidirectional flow of data and configure the sync timing.
- Create Requirements: Putting together a requirements doc is easy with the smart editor tool. Using a WYSIWYG interface, you can create diagrams and input other information like the project’s acceptance criteria and description. Versioning simplifies the process of tracking changes. And when you’re ready to export to a Word doc or PDF, you can do so in a single click.
- Generate Rich Reports: The smart reporting and advanced reporting features allow you to pull information from specific modules within the system to generate reports. It only takes a few clicks to insert work items and apply styling rules. You can customize elements such as color, text and field names, as well as save custom templates for reuse.
- Control Project Scope: Without careful oversight, projects can quickly swell out of control. The baseline module prevents this by allowing you to manage the project scope and adjust accordingly along the way. Specific actions include creating baselines, comparing baselines or specific revisions to work items, reusing popular requirement types, and copying work items.
- Manage Reviews: Easily send review requests via email from the query or backlog modules, or the review hub. You can define rules such as asking for e-signatures. Tracking features let you see the status of each review and streamline communication during the review process.
- Visually Map Requirements: Start by choosing from pre-built templates or creating a custom diagram. The drag-and-drop interface makes the process simple and easy. The system lets you build expected scenarios and automatically generate user stories.
- Never Miss Questions: The FAQ component provides more than 2,000 predefined questions across 19 topics. With the ability to quickly shape requirements using these questionnaires, you’ll increase quality and ensure consistency across projects.
Modern Requirements provides project portfolio management to companies of all sizes, across a variety of sectors. NASA, Siemens and Fiserv are among the ranks of high-profile clients.
- Use Cases: The system allows you to build use cases based on various scenarios. This lets you model outcomes using different factors and bring clarity to complex processes. Merge or link use cases in a few steps for full control over the visual representation.
- Trace Analysis: Using this module, you can build horizontal or intersection matrices. The interface allows configuration of properties such as link types, work item types, columns (in intersection layouts) and various paths. To share matrices with stakeholders, simply export to Excel.
- Simulation: Find out how products and user interfaces will look thanks to the mockup tool. Drag and drop different elements, set colors, add fields, change text wording and insert images. The preview mode allows you to navigate through the UI from a user’s perspective to spot errors and ensure an intuitive experience.
- Alice (AI): This solution helps build requirements using an artificial intelligence framework that guides you through the process via a conversation similar to a chat bot. Alice works through aspects such as features and acceptance criteria. It’s easy to track the resulting hierarchy and edit information, and once you’ve completed the session, you can publish the results and view granular details for each element.
- Impact Analyzer: Stay on top of work item relationships and understand how changes will impact a project. You can start the impact analyzer tool from most of the modules in Modern Requirements and use it to see a mind map of project elements, add tasks and estimated effort involved, and quickly navigate to specific items. There’s also the option to edit work items, link to existing work items and create new work items.