What is Apptivo?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Cloud-based Apptivo provides task management, project billing, timesheets and team management to help small businesses effectively execute projects. It supports integration for enhanced capabilities, and a mobile app offers users access from anywhere.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Apptivo?
Key differentiators & advantages of Apptivo
- Complete Projects on Time: Apptivo supports task milestones, which let you track how a project is progressing. After you create a milestone, you can easily view its status and identify which tasks might cause delays in the project.
- Keep Everyone Updated: The Project News Feed feature acts as a central location for team members to view project information. This can include posts, alerts about project updates and a list of recent projects.
- Track KPIs: You can use built-in reports or create custom reports to summarize key metrics and provide insights into projects. Reports can pull data such as employee hours, project hours, project activities and more. And they can be exported in one click for external sharing.
- Build Subprojects: If you have complex projects, it’s helpful to break them into smaller, more manageable pieces. The application supports this capability and lets you view the subproject’s status, set its priority and assign actions.
- Customize the Platform: Apptivo provides a range of customization options. You can arrange the layout using a drag-and-drop interface, configure sharing settings, build custom views of data, define access permissions for custom fields and more.
- Group Teams Together: The Team app, which is part of the larger Apptivo product suite, makes it possible to sort individuals into teams. Once you’ve created a team, you can assign tasks to the entire group.
- Connect With Other Systems: The platform can integrate with dozens of popular applications to add extra tools for productivity, document management, APIs and webhooks, billing, and more. Integrations include Slack, G Suite, QuickBooks, Google Calendar, Dropbox and Office 365.
- Work Anywhere: Apptivo comes with mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. The Android app supports the two main project management applications: projects and timesheets. The iOS app currently only supports timesheets. Both apps offer an intuitive, user-friendly interface, and the data automatically syncs with the main platform.
Apptivo’s project management solution is used by companies across the world. It’s suitable for any industry, though it’s particularly effective for businesses in the manufacturing, energy and utility fields.
- Gantt Chart: This interactive feature centralizes all relevant project information into a timeline. You can see task duration, milestones, task dependencies, subprojects and other details that help with scheduling and planning. It also enables you to identify the critical path.
- Task Dependencies: The system lets you set task dependencies to link tasks that are related. This shows the task hierarchy — e.g., which tasks your team needs to complete first in order to move to other tasks.
- Table View of Tasks: In addition to a Gantt chart, Apptivo has a table view, which gives you an overview of all tasks within a project. You can view which team members are assigned to tasks, status, priority, start and end dates, and more.
- Timesheets: This application provides tools for tracking team members. It captures hours worked and time spent on each task for billing purposes. It also serves as a way to evenly distribute workload among team members. You can use the out-of-the-box templates or customize them to fit your needs.
- Templates: The system includes project templates so you can reuse common settings without having to start from scratch each time.
- Project Billing: Apptivo supports the following billing methods: flat rate, time-based and milestone-based. You can sort projects by billing method, set up recurring billing and more.
Apptivo Suite Support
The FAQ section is a good place to start for general info related to security, integration, users and support. Users can also visit the blog for product updates.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can fill out the simple form on the website’s contact page and click the “support” button or email directly: [email protected] Apptivo also offers live chat. Enterprise clients have access to 24/7 support.
phonePhone: The phone support line is +1 (855) 345-2777 (Ext. 2). Enterprise clients have access to 24/7 phone support.
schoolTraining: Apptivo provides training in the form of self-serve resources. The website community page has a searchable knowledgebase of help articles as well as a starter guide, developer API guide and user manual. There are also webinars that give an overview of the project management solution and cover various features.