Compare Top PLM Software Leaders
Top Open-Source PLM Software
After reviewing the distinct qualities of OSS along with the common features and benefits of open-source product lifecycle management solutions, it’s time to review our intricate roster of the best open-source PLM software. Hopefully, you’ve had enough time to draft a thorough wishlist of the top features and requirements that are suitable for your organization. Here we go.
Agile PLM is an on-premise and cloud-based program that permits users to administer product value chains and is equipped with other Agile software such as Agile Product Collaboration, Agile Product Quality Management and Agile Engineering Collaboration amongst others. It caters to businesses of all sizes and is tailored for every industry in the semiconductor manufacturing, pharmaceutical and consumer goods sectors.
An example of Agile PLM’s BOM module.
The product collaboration accessory permits users to link with globally scattered product groups, suppliers and clients in a sleek collaborative atmosphere to govern product launches. This module offers secure access to introductory and published information about any product, workpiece or document along with full transparency of pending and approved changes and products affected by these changes. You may sync manufacturing systems with the latest product record and superintend finished products, stock-keeping units (SKU), assemblies and sub-assemblies to manage product quality. It’s feasible for users to intertwine content management and process control with an effective user interface such as quick views, system navigators and structure navigators while supervising item tracking in review, products in conversion and issues in resolution.
Rationalize a product’s change process that allows users to produce and sanction product revisions with the change collaboration attribute. Internal teams, supply chain partners and patrons can work together with you on the product change process in real-time. Change collaboration capabilities include governing change cycle times, manufacturing costs, product quality and revision implementations that administer product features.
The engineering collaboration trait enables you to evaluate data while integrating with CAD platforms and Agile PLM. This tool has an engineering collaboration client extension as well as the individual mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD) connectors to particular CAD platforms such as Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks and others. CAD designers and engineers can gather and manage data representing a dominant source of product records. This engineering collaboration attribute provides extensive searching and evaluating of data and extends a user interface for saving and loading CAD intel. Users may access CAD datasets for analysis, annotations and real-time collaboration on 3D CAD designs throughout the web without even leveraging a separate CAD tool. This appliance needs the Agile Product Collaboration as a base module to provide fundamental item management and change management needed for CAD designs.
Compare Top PLM Software Leaders
Bill of Material
Examine the quantity of each part necessary to make and finish an assembly with the bill of material (BOM) tool. Individual or grouped items are displayed on BOMs. A separate BOM tab exhibits every item on a particular BOM. This appliance also features a BOM table that showcases the items on a BOM in a visual graphical hierarchy consisting of icons to determine whether an item number represents a specific part, document or assembly.
Additional Noteworthy Modules
Although Agile PLM lacks some of the typical open-source PLM features, there are other mentionable accessories to upkeep operations. These additional noteworthy modules include:
- Manufacturing Management: This trait allows you to establish, share and govern approved manufacturer lists (AML) and manufacturer part information for your products.
- Distributed Manufacturing: Gain complete visibility and control over site-specific product information as well as launch products to markets throughout certain regions with site-specific release dates and revisions with this accessory.
- Product Quality Management: This appliance makes it possible for you to manage customer, supplier and product qualities all in one place as well as offer resolutions.
- Product Portfolio Management: Upkeep a focused view of project records and associated product information within the organization with this module.
- Product Cost Management: Manage direct material sourcing across the product cost lifecycle from the preliminary stages to the end of its lifecycle with this feature.
- Product Governance and Compliance: This accessory enables you to administer every facet of a product’s compliance and combines compliance activities with the enterprise product record.
- Product Lifecycle Analytics: Make better investment choices by accessing large amounts of product lifecycle data from every operation and entity with this tool. You may also see product development pipelines, hazards and quality trends.