What is Teamcenter?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Teamcenter
- Accessibility: Users can deploy Teamcenter either through the cloud or on-premise. This makes the system relatively accessible for companies with a variety of needs and workflows.
- Reflected Changes: The program allows users to track and visualize product and part changes as they occur throughout the product lifecycle. This reduces reiterative processes and ensures that everyone’s on the same page about the scope and design of an item.
- Regulatory Compliance: Compliance is essential to company success, which is why this solution offers the tracking of standards across multiple geographic locations. The program adheres to various regulations and helps companies reduce their environmental footprint, which is of ever-increasing importance to businesses and employees.
- Visualization: Users can view relevant data received from multiple sources through customized dashboards and charting features. The program also includes the ability to see comments and changes made on design drafts.
Teamcenter is built with a variety of industries in mind. However, the vendor does offer specific functionality for businesses in the following sectors: aerospace, retail, automotive, electronics, energy, machinery, insurance, marine, media, pharmaceuticals and software development.
- Bill of Materials Management: The program contains integrated bill of materials (BOM) functionality. Users can create a centralized product definition to reduce the chance of inconsistencies as an item moves throughout the product lifecycle. The system includes visualization of the dependencies and relationships among components in product designs. Users can also manage the as-built BOM of physical assets to perform product verification, warranty claims and documentation of deviations.
- Change Management: Teamcenter contains full change traceability so that users across an organization can view adjustments and understand why they were made. The system includes closed-loop processes that provide feedback, audit history and change tracking. The tool can also measure the impact that an enacted change has on data, processes and people.
- Document Management: The system includes documentation capabilities that can aid in the creation of analysis reports, specifications, spreadsheets, technical publications, test results and 2-D/3-D illustrations. Document creators can access up-to-date information from the bill of materials and parts lists to ensure that information is correctly stated. Advanced markup is also supported in this feature and contains functions such as deep zoom, review/markup and color separation.
- Compliance and Sustainability: Teamcenter enables compliance with regulations such as REACH, RoHS and Conflict Minerals. It can also measure the levels of hazardous substances used in items. The system contains pre-configured rule-sets that ensure that a business adheres to the most up-to-date global compliance standards.
- Manufacturing Data and Process Management: This solution enables users to create a single source of product and standard process knowledge. It supports additive data management through information consisting of the entire build tray setup, printing parameters and part geometries. Users can conduct 3-D printing, and post-print steps such as heat treatment and inspection are included in the program. The program also supports multiple design teams and facilities through its library of parametric factory components, which is available across workflows.
- Materials Data and Lifecycle Management: Teamcenter contains material management functionality that allows users to remain compliant with regulations by tracking potentially problematic substances used in products. Users can create material definitions that are used downstream and connected to the material lifecycle. Material recipes are also maintained in the tool to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Product Cost Management: This program captures and maintains costs internally across an organization. An overhead calculation based on a bottom-up approach is leveraged to develop these data points. The system uses the price of machines, materials, manufacturing technologies and labor worldwide to measure costs. Users can also see how changes impact product cost as the lifecycle progresses.
- Analytics: Teamcenter enables users to develop customized analytics or use out-of-the-box reports to gain insights. Some of the included reports are substance compliance and configuration management. The program can collect data from multiple sources and distribute it through dashboards, ad-hoc reports and email. Drill down functionality and charting are included to assist in the visualization of information.
- Visualization and Digital Mockup: The system supports 3-D CAD data and 2-D drawings in various formats. Users can annotate designs directly on a 3-D part and give feedback with no translation-related interruptions. Digital mockup can be done in real time so that issues can be resolved early on in the product lifecycle. The system enables users to perform part motion studies and check interferences. The tool also supports virtual reality (VR) functionality.