What is SAP PLM?
Industry Specialties: Financial services, energy and natural resources, discrete, services, consumer and public services
SAP PLM offers portfolio, project management and product lifecycle costing solutions for the complete product lifecycle experience. Users receive full clarity of teams, costs and fresh product innovations while also managing whole project lifecycles in one place. Users can also conduct portfolio traceability, planning, estimation accounting and closure.
Other notable tools include resource management, analytics and reporting, inbound and outbound integration, thorough product scope and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP PLM?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP PLM
- Increase Efficiency: This solution offers product engineering, quotes and lifecycle costing so users can improve and boost their productivity on projects.
- Forecast Costs: SAP PLM allows users to evaluate and predict the costs of projects before implementing them. It enables users to cipher and determine various product costs in the preliminary brainstorming and design phases before committing to its production, saving money and resources.
- Rapid Market Time: The application enables collaboration so users can streamline production, enhancing the research and evolution of a product. This allows the product to go to the market quicker and minimizes expenses.
- Centralized Insights: Users can evaluate prompt insights on project progress and cost efficiency throughout numerous worksites. All of these insights are stored in the platform and conveniently accessible in one central place.
- Manage Priorities: This solution helps users to align workflows and procedures with corporate policies and business objectives while freeing financial and human resources to guarantee victorious project achievements.
- Combine Departments: Users can link project management with financial and logistics hassle-free to draft project reports for stakeholders and important decision-makers effortlessly.
Dietmar Hopp, Hasso Plattner, Hans-Werner Hector, Klaus Tschira and Claus Wellenreuther developed SAP in1972 with a goal of establishing technology's business potential. They developed one of the first standard application solutions for immediate data ciphering. Forty-eight years later, SAP extends plenty of enterprise-level products to more than 440,000 clients in the energy and natural resources, financial, consumer and public service industries. SAP's purpose is to assist the world in running better and strengthen people's lives by generating the ideal software and technology.
- Portfolio Management: This software's portfolio management tool offers users rapid reliable overviews of their whole portfolio consisting of projects, programs, services and more. This tool facilitates enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM) for whole visibility on capital expenses, R&D efficiency and the skills of professional and IT tasks.
- Project Management: The project management accessory authorizes users to tackle numerous responsibilities such as project structuring, scheduling, visualization and more. Users can also advocate several implementation and finance supervision models such as Six Sigman, phase gate, critical path and product and cycle-time excellence (PACE).
- Resource Management: The project and portfolio management solution offers resource management that enables users to enhance their capital and equipment assets based on project needs, qualifications and availability. Users can also pinpoint future resource needs and allocate them accordingly with their company structure, location, skill and business requirements.
- Product Cost Formulation and Simulation: This accessory enables users to carry out cost calculations with manual overrides and recalculation abilities. Users can also implement what-if scenarios and target costing with the simulation tool.
- Data Modeling and Extensibility: Users can employ the data modeling and extensibility module to receive several costing sheets and component splits. They can administer local master data support and integrate with Microsoft Excel and enterprise software.
- Inbound and Outbound Integration: SAP PLM permits users to import and export crucial company data through SAP ERP, Microsoft Excel and other platforms using the application program interface (API) component.
- Pricing: Users can leverage the pricing accessory to work with countless currencies and dimensions. They can also cipher overhead costs through multiple counting sheets.
- Analytics and Reporting: The analytics and reporting module can be implemented throughout the entire product lifecycle, costing categories and other areas. Users can also access version comparisons and use this module for management reporting.
- Teamwork and Security: Users can control who has access to projects and activate traceability to track who works specific projects and products. They can also implement collaboration tools for various roles and users.
LimitationsAt the time of this review’s publishing, these are the limitations of SAP PLM according to user feedback:
- Challenging to manage documents and data
- Has a tough learning curve
- Difficult to integrate with other software
SAP PLM Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: There is no email support at this time.
phonePhone: Users in the US may dial 1-800-872-1727 for support. Users outside of the US can find a phone number for the Europe, Middle East, Africa, or Asia Pacific offices on the Office Locations page.
schoolTraining: SAP Training and Enablement offers openSAP, an online learning application for free training. SAP also allows users to peruse the webshop for the latest courses, training locations in their areas, searchable course codes and particular training paths. Users can also complete SAP certification classes.
local_offerTickets: When users click the blue contact us tab on the right side of the SAP website, they can click the envelope icon and fill out the contact form.