What is Arena PLM?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Arena PLM is a cloud-based solution that gives internal and external users access to relevant product information throughout the entire design lifecycle. It provides capabilities such as project management, document management and collaboration functionality. It enables users to save money by developing effective bids and improving productivity through the automation of various workflows.
Compliance with standards such as ISO and FDA is supported to ensure that everything is “up to code.” Easy deployment with no coding needed is a key feature along with its accessibility to any relevant user so long as they have internet access, no matter their physical location.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Arena PLM?
Key differentiators & advantages of Arena PLM
- Centralized Information: Arena PLM desilos product data so that every user has access to the most up-to-date information. It reduces redundancies and miscommunication among those with access to the system.
- Internal and External Collaboration: Internal employees can share information and work with supply chain partners directly through this program. Users can share notes, documentation and more to ensure that everyone is on the same page and understands the scope of a project or task.
- Cloud Deployment: Arena PLM is available for deployment through the cloud, meaning that it can be accessed anytime and anywhere so long as a user has an internet connection.
- Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance: The program helps guarantee that businesses are meeting all regulatory requirements and industry standards through compliance with ISO, FDA and more.
- Simple Implementation: Arena PLM is relatively easy to deploy and doesn’t require any coding to implement.
Arena PLM is used by more than 1,300 global businesses to aid in the product lifecycle management process. Some of the sectors it serves include medical devices, high tech electronics, consumer electronics, IoT, clean tech, transportation electronics, biotechnology, electronics defense suppliers and computer hardware and networking.
- BOM Management: The BOM management feature in Arena PLM gives users control over current, past and pending revisions. It manages complex assemblies that consist of aspects such as electrical components, mechanical components, documentation and software. It also sorts the information into a multi-level hierarchical assembly structure. It allows users to create, import, redline and export drawings, components, approved manufacturer and vendor information (AML/AVL) and documentation.
- Arena Exchange: The system gives all stakeholders centralized access to relevant product information. Partners can take part in the quality and change processes in the role of initiator, approver or implementer. A chat feature is also included so that internal and external users can discuss any issues that occur during the gaps between formal processes. With Arena Exchange functionality, customers can invite partners to collaborate. These partners can then comment, view or download updated product information such as documents, BOMs and AML/AVL.
- Document Management: With this feature, users can share, track and store various documents. It also helps ensure compliance with FDA, ISO and other regulatory standards. The solution gives users access to revision-controlled product specifications, instructions, drawings and changes. It also makes sure that key product processes are completed to increase the quality of products. Standard operating procedures, safety specifications and training records are included in the system as well.
- Change Management: This tool manages the entire product record and any related processes. It enables users to route, create, release and track engineering changes. Automated routings based on criteria such as priorities, change types and product lines are included in the solution as well. Notifications are provided to reviewers through dashboards and email alerts. Visualization of factors such as backlog, change cycle time performance and progress is also available for all product lines.
- Item Management: The solution develops an accurate and complete item record that’s created using structured document and part information. This enables users to configure their hierarchical bill of materials structures efficiently. Some item types that Arena PLM can track and manage include manufactured assemblies and purchased components. Each item can reference specifications, engineering drawings, SOPs and work instructions. Approved manufacturers and suppliers can also be designated to each purchased part. The system also manages processes such as engineering changes, purchasing, project management, quality/CAPA management, employee training management and component demand aggregation.
- Project Management: Arena Projects connects to the product record at all schedule levels and enables collaboration around aspects such as files, changes, items and tasks. The system tracks project progress through customizable phases that contain assignable tasks and milestones. Users can confirm that tasks have been completed by looking at direct updates aligned with the product record. Factors such as detailed statuses and schedule notes ensure that stakeholders are aligned and have access to the most relevant project information. The system enables users to gather data and use it to perform comprehensive cross-project analysis.
- Demand Analysis: Arena PLM allows users to discover the anticipated total aggregated usage of components to help in negotiating with external partners. This is available even at the smallest component level, giving customers a leg-up over competitors that aggregate demand only for their most expensive parts. With this feature, users can profit from untracked, inexpensive components. By having this capability, companies can better negotiate price and volume with their supply chain partners. The solution also contains drill-down analysis. It can estimate material demand based on manufacturing forecasts.
Arena PLM Suite Support
Arena PLM offers support online, via phone and through email. Training options are also available for customers who need extra assistance.
mail_outlineEmail: Customers can receive technical support by sending a message to [email protected] The Arena Help option is also available under the Help menu on the top right side of all pages located in the Arena customer workspace.
phonePhone: Arena PLM has two phone numbers that users can contact for support. The toll-free number is 866-341-4424, and the local number is 650-513-3542.
schoolTraining: Live in-person training is available for all customers. The cost of these courses varies. The training takes place at Arena Corporate Headquarters, which is located in Foster City, California. The vendor offers a list of hotel options and travel information for users that opt for training at Arena’s headquarters.
local_offerTickets: Technical support tickets can be initiated by contacting Arena PLM representatives via phone, email or online.