What is Trakstar?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Founded in 2001, Trakstar launched an enhanced version of their platform in 2012 with a focus on customer experience. Assists HR managers with all steps of the performance review process, including goal setting and conducting evaluations.
Offers a variety of tools to users including self-appraisal functionality, goal tracking, note taking, reporting and more. In addition to evaluating performance, Trakstar also assists with boosting employee engagement.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Trakstar?
Key differentiators & advantages of Trakstar
- Boost Efficiency: Trakstar consolidates all performance evaluation functionalities within the platform. This allows HR managers to complete performance review tasks conveniently in one place, saving them time to focus on other HR tasks that cannot be automated.
- Automate Process: The fully automated system is able to complete a variety of tasks with little effort from managers. The system moderates the whole review process, reminding managers when it is time to conduct a review and automatically tracking goal progress.
- Reduce Bias: By providing managers with accurate and unbiased data, Trakstar can help assist in providing the most complete analysis of how employees are performing.
Trakstar provides employee performance and engagement solutions to more than 1,000 companies worldwide. Several of its customers include TravelClick, Thiess, Lynn University and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Goal Management: Automated goal setting and online goal tracking help managers set objectives that align with broader company targets. Both managers and employees are able to track progress towards achieving goals and can choose to receive email reminders of goal deadlines.
- Performance Evalutation: Managers can evaluate employee performance with Trakstar’s performance evaluation tools. These tools include self-evaluation, performance review, 360-degree feedback and more.
- Succession Management: Trakstar assists with future workforce planning and career development by comparing current employee performance to potential performance. The solution also collects feedback and generates reports to provide managers with insights into workforce planning.
- Applicant Tracking System(ATS): Recruiters can post jobs on social networking sites, job boards, career portals and the company’s website. The system can automate onboarding and exit management by providing e-signature capabilities.
- Reporting and Analytics: Real-time reporting and analytics provide managers with insights into employee performance that helps to identify top performers. Users can run reports to assess performance history, performance ranking and other performance-based reports.
- Integration: The system integrates with a variety of other third-party solutions such as MS Office and G Suite.
- Configurable Workflows: Users can define the business rules related to compensation models, compensation workflows, leave plans and benefits-related plans. Administrators can also set permission-based access levels for all types of users, including employees.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- Trakstar does not support compensation management functionality
- Linux OS is not supported
- There is not a learning and development functionality
- Users cannot write reports
- Does not provide a robust competency dictionary to suit business requirements
Trakstar Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Support experts are available to provide assistance via web chat. Users can also send a message with support requests directly through Trakstars support page.
phonePhone: Users can contact support via phone Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
schoolTraining: The support page provides users with a variety of self-learning resources, including videos, articles and access to webinars.
local_offerTickets: Users cannot submit tickets for support.
Cost of Ownership for Trakstar
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 421 reviews: