What is Deputy?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
After more than 15 years of development, Deputy was founded in 2008. Offers a variety of tools to assist with core HR tasks, including managing your employees. Able to assist with creating schedules, managing performance, time tracking and payroll.
The cloud-based platform is designed to meet HR management needs for businesses of any size in all industries. By focusing on a variety of metrics, Deputy can help businesses to expand operations, increase efficiency and save both time and money.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Deputy?
Key differentiators & advantages of Deputy
- Save Money: The system can accurately measure labor costs and factor in sales data to help lower labor costs when building schedules.
- Boost Efficiency: Deputy's various capabilities help to automate and streamline a variety of tasks, freeing HR managers up to focus on other tasks that cannot be automated by AI.
- User-Friendly: The intuitive interface makes every feature easy to use. Deputy also offers demos and webinar trainings to help new users learn to navigate the system.
- Increase Collaboration: Users can communicate in real time about a variety of subjects, helping employees to collaborate easily with their coworkers.
- Integrative: Deputy offers integrations with many popular payroll systems and other HR products. Integrating scheduling data with these systems allows the software to seamlessly process payroll. Some of the systems Deputy offers integrations for include Gusto, ADP, Xero and Dropbox.
Deputy serves more than 90,000 businesses worldwide, in all industries. Some of the specific industries Deputy serves include retail, restaurant, healthcare, government, hospitality, education and technology. Some of Deputy’s noteworthy users include Ace Hardware, Anytime Fitness and DropCar.
- Scheduling: The system is capable of building schedules automatically by utilizing AI. This feature also enables managers to schedule multiple breaks and break types. Users can access the schedule, create new schedules, manage shift changes and fill open shifts from any location with the systems mobile app.
- Time and Attendance: Deputy’s attendance and time tracking features help to eliminate timesheet issues by enabling employees to clock in and out directly from the mobile app. The system can also create invoices, alert managers when employees aren’t taking the proper breaks, calculate pay rates and create reports to help track things like sales transactions and schedule budgets.
- Task Management: Managers are able to assign tasks to employees or to themselves. Tasks can be set as a single occurrence or as a recurring task which can be assigned at certain intervals. Deputy can assist by providing best practice task lists and allowing users to leave notes and checklists to tasks once they’ve been assigned.
- Performance Management: Create performance reports, provide employees with feedback and track goals. Managers can leave comments and add ratings to employee timesheets to help encourage employee development. The system also provides users with a journal to document and track employee performance.
- Newsfeed: The newsfeed allows users to communicate in real time about a variety of subjects, including schedules, specific projects and general company news. Users are able to customize their notification settings, start conversations, leave comments and send direct messages and attachments.
Some of the product limitations include the mobile app lacking some functions and an inability to manually enter break times. Below are some specific product limitations to consider before making a final decision on system implementation. Some of the product limitations include:
- Deputy doesn’t include recruiting or payroll modules
- The solution doesn’t allow users to hide the shift start and end time from employees
- Users are not able to manually add the exact break start and stop times if an employee forgets to clock out for a break
- Publishing copied shifts is a cumbersome process
- Does not offer a robust employee scheduling app for iPad or tablet
- The mobile app doesn’t provide full access to managers for approving time-off requests
Deputy offers excellent support to users. Users have access to self-learning resources and can contact support experts 24/7. Specific information about the support Deputy offers is listed below.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can receive support via a webchat available on Deputy’s website. Support experts are available 24/7 and typically respond within five minutes.
phonePhone: Support experts are available by phone 24/7. Deputy lists phone numbers for support in both the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom, as well as a global support phone number for users outside of those countries.
schoolTraining: Deputy’s help page provides a variety of resource articles to assist users with common issues. Some of the topics covered in the articles include assistance with setting up the platform, scheduling, employee management and mobile app assistance just to name a few. Users can also register for webinars led by implementation experts to learn how to set up and navigate the system.
local_offerTickets: Users cannot submit tickets for support.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 746 reviews: