What is WebHR?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
WebHR is a full-service, cloud-based HR solution with payroll capabilities. It standardizes, manages and automates recruitment, hiring, payment and more. Through it, administrators and employees alike can complete enrollment, onboarding, benefits, background checks, attendance and more.
Serving over 25,000 companies and around 200 countries, there’s a free version with limited functions that serve five or fewer users. For regular, paid subscriptions, it can support up to 1000 workers. It uses AI to streamline the entire process.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use WebHR?
Key differentiators & advantages of WebHR
- Increased Accuracy: With attendance, punch in and punch out functions and HR all covered in one centralized system, it can track employee time and where and when people are logging in from. This increases accuracy and ensures more uniformity in the data.
- More Cost-Effective: The solution streamlines the payroll, HR, recruiting, onboarding and other processes freeing up HR time. By locating, hiring and getting workers acclimated expediently, it frees up HR to focus their time in other, more important areas.
- Better Employee Retention: An efficient onboarding makes new hires more likely to stay at an organization. By making the recruiting process easier and faster, it decreases turnover and makes workers more likely to succeed.
- Better Data: Through the solution’s analytics and comprehensive reporting, users can gain a better understanding of their workforce through information from timesheets, payroll, learning solutions and other profile information.
WebHR was co-founded by tech entrepreneurs from Pakistan Anna Naveed and Naveed Memon in 2011. The solution is a key industry player in multiple reports including the, ‘Global HCM Software Market 2020 Industry Analysis, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026’ report, the ‘Applicant Tracking Software Market 2020,’ report and the ‘Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Market’ research report.
It was rated 3/5 in a 2019 review from PC Magazine by Michelle Rafter who said, “WebHR is human resources (HR) management software that offers a good, free option for small companies.”
- Payroll Management: The solution handles payroll processing, direct deposit, check printing, taxes, payslips and other compensation functions.
- Reporting: It provides reporting capabilities, including custom fields, a generator for reports and graphs and other data intelligence functions. This can also create an audit trail that tracks budgets, schedules, sales and other employee metrics.
- Attendance: The solution allows workers to track time via computer, tablet, PC or mobile on iOS and Android. On the administrative side, users can see who is working on which projects in real-time to plan shifts. The geofencing makes sure that workers are clocking in within a certain range of the office and also offers photo capabilities. By taking photos, users can be sure their employees are really clocking in themselves and not punching in a friend.
- Biometrics: It can use biometrics devices or devices that use physical characters for identification, for attendance. The solution integrates with vendors such as Anviz, Hyvision Technology, LLC, ZKTeco and more.
- Time Clock Kiosks: For offices that need a physical interface for time clocks, the solution offers time clock software that gets hooked into a tablet and put in the most convenient places for clocking in and out. Through photo capabilities, it also helps prevent people from clocking others in.
- Integrations: The solution integrates with several applications including Amazon Alexa, Cortana, Dropbox, Freshbooks, G Suite, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Paychex, Slack, SurePayroll, Quickbooks and Xero.
- Training: Employers can run learning management within the platform’s system. It helps users identify those who are under or over-performing and offer online training to workers who may lack certain skills.
- HR Forms: Workers can create and design forms and then attach workflows as needed.
- Surveys: The solution allows employers to conduct dynamic surveys to receive feedback, modify processes and increase engagement.
- Onboarding: New hires can access and manage their paperwork through multiple devices. The system gives them notifications until they’ve completed their work. HR workers can assign tasks to new hires and approve and store the data after the process is complete.
- Security: The platform offers multiple allowances for security. It uses 256-bit SSL encryption with strong algorithms to safeguard the information transfer. The platform has secure architecture and backs up vital info to an off-site location. Its data centers follow ISO27001, ISAE 3402 Type II, PCI DSS and SOC1 standards.
- Recruiting: It includes an Applicant Tracking System to make the hiring process more efficient.
- Online Signatures: The platform allows users to sign paperwork virtually. Users can sign PDFs and other documents from multiple devices, with several signatures. This also includes some document management capabilities.
- Goals: It helps create and track Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely goals (sometimes known as SMART goals).
- Benefits: Workers can submit claims, register life events, do compliance reporting, select providers and run all other benefits. This includes education and disability, vision, health and life insurance.
- Mobile: The platform has a mobile app for Android and iOS so users can check in from anywhere.
- Worker Enrollment: The system walks employees through enrollment in benefits plans and bundles importing and exporting necessary data.
- Background Check: Users can background check potential hires through TransUnion.
- Other Capabilities: The solution offers a few other functions that don’t fall under other categories including leave management, job portals and employee portals and performance reviews.
Some of the product limitations include:
- It’s only free for up to five employees
WebHR Suite Support
Everyone gets standard support when they use the solution. There’s also priority support for those who pay more. The website doesn’t detail what’s included in Priority Support. Employees will reply within several hours or one to two business days depending on availability. For other questions, there’s an email, live chat, support tickets, Skype, an online form and a blog with general information.
mail_outlineEmail: Email [email protected] for support questions or [email protected] for sales questions.
phonePhone: People can reach support at +1 (801) 901-0090. The company asks users to leave a callback number along, time zone and callback time.
schoolTraining: It doesn’t appear to offer any formal training to use the solution.
local_offerTickets and Live Chat: Users can reach out through support tickets, live chat and Skype.