What is Square Payroll?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Square Payroll is a cloud-based solution that is suited for businesses of all sizes. The solution offers two pricing packages, one of which is designed specifically for organizations that only hire contractors.
The solution offers features that assist with processing pay, filing taxes, employee self-service and more. The system assists with switching from an old system or provides assistance and resources to users who are processing pay for the first time.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Square Payroll?
Key differentiators & advantages of Square Payroll
- Synchronization: Users can fully synchronize the payroll solution with other Square systems, including partners that offer timecard solutions. This allows the application to automatically calculate employee hours to run payroll.
- Convenience: Utilize the Square Payroll mobile app to run payroll directly from any internet-connected device.
- Flexible Pricing: The solution offers two pricing models, one of which is specifically designed to meet the needs of businesses that rely on contractors. The monthly subscription fee starts as low as $34 monthly for businesses with standard employees. Businesses that only hire contractors pay only $5 monthly per contractor they employ.
- Easy-to-Use: The system only requires basic employee information to begin running payroll. Managers can customize pay periods, and employees can create their own accounts, making the setup process quick and simple.
Square serves businesses of all sizes across all industries. Some of the industries that they provide specific tools for include retail, food service, health and fitness industries.
- Automatic Payroll: Import employee hours and overtime and calculate salaries to process each pay period automatically.
- Employee Self-Service: Employees can create their own account, set up direct deposit, fill out important forms and even clock in for their shifts. The mobile app provides employees with 24/7 access to all of these features to make changes as needed.
- Tax Filing: Ensure compliance with Square Payroll’s tax functions. The system manages W2s and automatically calculates tax withholdings, payments, and filings at both the state and federal level. It also supports post-tax deductions and reimbursements.
- Benefits Management: Along with allowing users to customize and manage benefits packages, the integrated benefits management functionality enables the system to calculate and make deductions automatically when running payroll.
- Time Tracking: Synchronize Square Payroll with the vendor’s Point of Sale app at no additional cost to allow employees to clock in for their shift directly at the register. Employees can then import timecards, or synchronize with a variety of other popular time tracking systems. Managers can also enter employee hours manually.
Square Payroll Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can contact support via web chat, which is located on Square’s website. By logging into their account, users have access to expedited support.
phonePhone: Users cannot contact support by phone.
schoolTraining: Users can access a variety of self-learning resources, including blog posts, directly through Square’s website. The community forum also acts as a resource for users to discuss topics specific to Square’s products as well as other relevant topics such as social media for business.
local_offerTickets: Users cannot submit tickets for support.