What is ADP RUN?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
ADP RUN is a cloud-based payroll solution designed to meet the needs of small businesses (under 50 employees). However, it can support larger organizations as well. Basic capabilities, such as benefits administration and hiring, are available in addition to the payroll module. The vendor also offers professional services to help companies with taxes, benefits and insurance.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ADP RUN?
Key differentiators & advantages of ADP RUN
- Ensure Compliance: ADP provides services that handle filing and paying your company’s taxes. And you have the ability to stay on top of overtime by managing schedules and checking worker classifications. The system also comes with support for state unemployment insurance and garnishments.
- Save Time: ADP RUN automates a number of processes, including payroll and onboarding admin tasks.
- Create an Employee Handbook: With built-in tools for creating and maintaining an employee handbook, you can keep employees informed about compliance issues and company standards.
- Go Digital: A document vault removes the need for physical paperwork and provides digital storage for company and employee documents. It also includes a library of templates with best practices.
- Provide Retirement Planning for Employees: With this add-on, ADP works with your company to create retirement plans — 401(k) and SIMPLE IRA — you can offer to employees..
- Offer Employee Self-Service: ADP RUN allows employees to access their information, such as benefits, retirement details and pay stubs.
- Receive HR Support: ADP RUN can seamlessly integrate with ADP’s HR solution to provide you with support from experts, toolkits and training, checkups, and legal assistance. You can access resources related to healthcare compliance, HR documents, state and federal forms, and pages for tracking employee information. You can also offer training courses on topics such as sales and sexual harassment.
ADP RUN is suitable for small businesses across many fields, such as hospitality and restaurant, healthcare, retail, financial services, and manufacturing. It currently has a client base of over 500,000 customers.
- Payroll: The software streamlines payroll activities. You can review employee hours, edit information like rates and bonuses, and preview the payroll to see how much the current pay period will cost. This module has a general ledger as well, and you can export entries into popular accounting apps like Xero and QuickBooks.
- ADP Insurance Agency: Through this add-on, ADP offers a team of licensed professionals that aid you in choosing the types of insurance your company needs. Options include workers’ comp, auto insurance, business owner’s policy (BOP), liability insurance, group health insurance and more. The service also provides integration between workers’ comp and payroll. This facilitates a premium pay program and provides access to certificates of insurance.
- Mobile Solutions: Apps for ADP RUN are available for iOS and Android devices, giving users secure access from anywhere. The apps support clock and clock out via mobile timecards as well as the ability to process payroll.
- Hiring and Onboarding: The platform connects with ZipRecruiter to facilitate posting jobs to more than 100 job boards, and a wizard enables you to build job descriptions. ADP RUN supports the onboarding process with background check functionality. The New Hire Onboarding module allows employees to complete paperwork and set up their account details like direct deposit before starting their first day of work.
- Reporting: This feature consists of custom reports related to profiles, payroll, PTO and deductions. Drag-and-drop functionality lets you easily arrange the fields in the report, and filters allow you to choose only the data you need. You can export reports in CSV, PDF or Excel formats.
RUN Powered by ADP Suite Support
ADP’s product support is split into two categories — one for administrators and one for employees. Each section contains FAQs with short answers to common problems. Examples include 1099 and W-2 errors, password resets, technical issues and more. You can also find help numbers for specific topics.
mail_outlineEmail: In lieu of email support, ADP offers live chat on the website’s customer service page.
phonePhone: The main customer service support number is +1 (844) 227-5237. Assistance is available for employees by choosing option 1. Administrator support is available by choosing option 2.
schoolTraining: Training topics come in three formats: e-learning, webinars and classroom. Onsite training availability is based on region and country, so users should check to see whether courses are offered in their area.
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for ADP RUN
Pricing for Payroll Software
ADP RUN Reviews
The following reviews for ADP RUN are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.
Good Enough for Small Business Needs
I like that it has an easy to use layout. I also like the chat feature for help.
It's not very sophisticated and getting tax entities added is a pain.
It doesn't play as nice with the Tsheets and QBO that it claims to support. You can not import time with cost codes that I need for reporting, so it makes my time reporting very manual.
I love using adp software, been using it for over 5 years. It super easy to use.
I do not dislike anything about this adp software
It is easy for all the employees to use
Perfect for a small business like ours
We started using ADP Run about 5 months ago and by far I am very satisfied. The interface is easy and user friendly. Even when there is something I can't figure out how to do or just want to make sure I don't do wrong, they have this chat that is surprisingly quick and helpful. You get to speak with representative withing 2 min and they not only explain what to do, but also go in and do stuff for you. It is also really helpful that our employees can access their record via app. What is more, it is way more cost friendly than when we were outsourcing the payroll processing.
I really haven't encountered any problem yet. It seems to hit all the check marks we need. The only problem is that when we were starting they were a bit chaotic, not communicating between each other. We had a different point of connection every week, and it was somewhat frustrating. But despite this initial period, we have been running smoothly.