What is Paychex?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Paychex provides pay processing and general human resource solutions for businesses of all sizes. Users can choose from four different pricing plans, all of which offer core HR and pay processing functionalities.
The web-based system assists with hiring, onboarding, tax filing, benefits management, time tracking and more. Users can customize the solution to meet their specific business needs, adding only the features that they will use. This allows all users to get the best system to fit their needs, whether they be simple or complex.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Paychex?
Key differentiators & advantages of Paychex
- Reduce Errors: Paychex helps to ensure accuracy in payroll processing by providing users with a variety of safeguard features, such as sending managers notifications when the system detects potential payroll issues so that these problems can be avoided entirely.
- User Support: Users have access to 24/7 online support to assist with all aspects of payroll processing. Users also have the option for a dedicated payroll specialist that can act as a personal support expert for both payroll and tax needs.
- Convenience: The mobile app enables users to access the system from any device. By leveraging the cloud, users can start work on a desktop and pick up right where they left off directly from their mobile device, allowing them to complete core tasks from anywhere.
As of 2018, Paychex serves more than 650,000 clients in more than 100 locations, across all industries. Paychex has also been recognized as an industry leader, boasting accolades such as being named one of The World’s Most Innovative Companies by Forbes and ranking as one of the Best HR Outsourcing Solutions for Small Business in 2019 by Inc.
- Payroll and Tax Filing: Process payroll and automatically calculate taxes. Paychex is able to calculate, file and pay taxes at the federal, state and local level automatically.
- General Ledger: payroll data with integrations offered by Paychex. The system is compatible with a variety of popular accounting systems, including QuickBooks Online and Xero.
- Reporting and Analytics: Generate custom analytics and reports or choose from more than 160 customizable templates to track and visualize relevant data.
- Multiple Pay Options: Pay employees with direct deposit, a prepaid pay card or paper checks.
- Learning and Development: Encourage employees to take advantage of the solutions online courses to help employees stay educated on relevant topics.
- Core HR: Give employee feedback, manage employee training and track important documents through the system’s interface.
- Onboarding: Applicants and new hires can complete new hire documents such as tax forms and set up direct deposit directly through the platform.
- Time and Attendance: Track team activity in real time through the manager’s dashboard, and allow employees to record time, approve timecards and check schedules through the employee dashboard.
Paychex Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can contact support via web chat 24/7.
phonePhone: Support experts can be contacted by phone 24/7 by calling (800)-299-0168.
schoolTraining: Users can access short, task-based videos and articles for self-learning by logging into their account and selecting “Training” in the “Help” drop-down menu.
local_offerTickets: Users cannot submit tickets for support.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 2188 reviews: