What is ADP RUN?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of ADP RUN
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure Compliance: ADP provides services that handle filing and paying your company’s taxes. And users can stay on top of overtime by managing schedules and checking worker classifications. The system also comes with support for state unemployment insurance and garnishments.
- Save Time: The platform automates a number of processes, including payroll and onboarding admin tasks.
- Create an Employee Handbook: With built-in tools for creating and maintaining an employee handbook, you can keep employees informed about compliance issues and company standards.
- Go Digital: A document vault removes the need for physical paperwork and provides digital storage for company and employee documents. It also includes a library of templates with best practices.
- Provide Retirement Planning for Employees: With this add-on, ADP works with your company to create retirement plans — 401(k) and SIMPLE IRA — you can offer to employees..
- Offer Employee Self-Service: ADP RUN allows employees to access their information, such as benefits, retirement details and pay stubs.
- Receive HR Support: ADP RUN can seamlessly integrate with ADP’s HR solution to provide you with support from experts, toolkits and training, checkups, and legal assistance. You can access resources related to healthcare compliance, HR documents, state and federal forms, and pages for tracking employee information. You can also offer training courses on topics such as sales and sexual harassment.
- Payroll: The software streamlines payroll activities. You can review employee hours, edit information like rates and bonuses, and preview the payroll to see how much the current pay period will cost. This module has a general ledger as well, and you can export entries into popular accounting apps like Xero and QuickBooks.
- ADP Insurance Agency: Through this add-on, ADP offers a team of licensed professionals that aid you in choosing the types of insurance your company needs. Options include workers’ comp, auto insurance, business owner’s policy (BOP), liability insurance, group health insurance and more. The service also provides integration between workers’ comp and payroll. This facilitates a premium pay program and provides access to certificates of insurance.
- Mobile Solutions: Apps for ADP RUN are available for iOS and Android devices, giving users secure access from anywhere. The apps support clock and clock out via mobile timecards as well as the ability to process payroll.
- Hiring and Onboarding: The platform connects with ZipRecruiter to facilitate posting jobs to more than 100 job boards, and a wizard enables you to build job descriptions. ADP RUN supports the onboarding process with background check functionality. The New Hire Onboarding module allows employees to complete paperwork and set up their account details like direct deposit before starting their first day of work.
- Reporting: This feature consists of custom reports related to profiles, payroll, PTO and deductions. Drag-and-drop functionality lets you easily arrange the fields in the report, and filters allow you to choose only the data you need. You can export reports in CSV, PDF or Excel formats.
What This Review Covers
- What is ADP?
- Why Use RUN Powered by ADP
- Industry Expertise
- Key Features Review
- Pricing Packages
- Pros and Cons
- Bottom Line
What is ADP?
Why Use RUN Powered by ADP
- Financial Market
- Health Care
- Professional Services
- Social Services
- Technical Services
Key Features Review
1. Payroll Processing
3. User Interface
7. HR Management
10. Time and Attendance
- Benefits Administration: BerniePortal, Employee Navigator, Flock and PlanSource
- Employee Benefits: Core ID, LifeMart, LoanGifting, MeYou Health, PayActiv, and SmartDollar
- ERP: FinancialForce, Infor, Oracle, SAP SuccessFactors and Workday
- LMS: Cornerstone, Grovo, SAP Litmos and Mastery Training Services
- POS: Aloha, Clover, MICROS, POSiTouch, other ADP programs, Revel, Toast and Upserve
- Productivity and Collaboration: Docufree, Microsoft Teams, Miller Heiman Group, OrgChart Now, Pingboard, Slack and Workplace by Facebook
- Recruiting/Onboarding: Avionté, ClearCompany, iCIMS, Jobvite, talentReef, TempWorks, TextRecruit and ZipRecruiter
- Time and Attendance: ClockShark, Deputy, Dolce, Homebase, MakeShift and TSheets
12. Setup Wizards
13. Other Features
- Background Checks: Administrators can conduct background checks in the current country of the applicant. It includes a criminal background check, SSN validation and more.
- Benefits: The tech handles health insurance, workers’ compensation, retirement planning, 401(k), IRAs and other benefits.
- Discounts: Employees get discounts for local and national brands/retailers.
- State Unemployment Insurance: It handles state unemployment insurance by reviewing the account for errors and auditing the SUI experience rate (tax rate). They’ll also communicate with agencies in any state where users pay unemployment insurance.
- Security: RUN follows ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standards. This means it follows statutory & global regulatory requirements and has processes in place to keep data confidential and safe.
- Employee Access
- Devices (Mobile, Tablet, PC and Other)
- Direct Deposit
- Discounts for Employees
- Federal and State Reports
- General Ledger Interface
- New Hire Reports
- HR Reports
- Payroll Delivery/Functionality
- Tax Filing
- W-2s and 1099s
- Background Checks
- Check Security
- Check Signing
- State Unemployment Insurance (SUI)
Complete: Payroll & HR Plus
- Employee Handbook Wizard: It builds an employee handbook so workers understand their roles better.
- HR HelpDesk: Allows access via phone and email to a support team of HR pros.
- HR Forms and Document: Administrators can create best practices documents, checklists, other HR forms and policies.
- HR Tracking: Lets users track worker info like performance, assigned property and other reporting options.
- HR Training and Toolkits: It helps companies with HR duties like hiring and termination. Provides comprehensive guidelines, forms, documents, best practices and policies.
HR Pro: Payroll & HR
- Employer and Employee Trainings: It has courses about HR, keeping records, sales and sexual/workplace harassment.
- Enhanced Employee Handbook Support: Users get extra help to create a company handbook.
- Enhanced HR HelpDesk Support: Users can connect with HR professionals who can answer questions or schedule a lengthier check-in.
- Legal Assistance from LegalShield: LegalShield, a third-party service, gives users access to legal services. This includes advice on debt, employment and reviewing contracts.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: Training and policies designed with legislative requirements in mind regarding sexual harassment.
Pros and Cons
- 24/7 Customer Service: RUN offers phone and online support to ensure the speedy resolution of issues. In reviews, users say customer service is polite, knowledgeable and effective.
- Automated Tax Filing: Companies can leave all their taxes to RUN. They don’t have to worry about filing on time. Instead, they can trust experienced professionals to handle it.
- Easy to Use: The platform is easy to navigate and use. It’s designed with small businesses in mind, so the learning curve is relatively small, as the system is intuitive and easy to navigate.
- Multiple Reports: Although there are issues with customization, the built-in reports are solid and easy to generate. They’re convenient to view online or to export as a PDF or Excel file.
- Add-Ons Get Expensive: Not all functionalities are available in the main application. Add-ons for extra capabilities can get expensive fast.
- Costly Upgrades: It’s relatively expensive and upgrading from one tier to the next isn’t always seamless. It’s not the most affordable for companies with many pay cycles per month. Other payroll options offer similar functions and cost less.
- Difficult/Limited Functionality: Some issues include:
- Users can’t edit payroll after submission
- No feature for escalating to supervisors
- Hard to remove workers hired to cover during vacations
- No unlimited payroll runs
- No option to create multiple paychecks for one person during the pay cycle.
- Difficult Password Reset: When employees forget their password, the administrator needs to call ADP. This could mean not seeing a pay stub for several days if the error happens near the weekend.
- Implementation Woes: The platform can be hard to set up because customer service has flaws. Some reviewers have reported poor communication when working through implementation issues. However, some say that after setup, it’s easy to use and potential hurdles are worth the trouble.
- Slow or Non-Responsive Customer Service: Customer service is ultimately helpful, but many users get frustrated by long wait times. After all, any issue regarding money may be a serious one.
- Reporting Isn’t Sophisticated Enough: As mentioned before, customization is lacking. Most would expect more versatility to match other reporting options available today.
The Bottom Line
RUN Powered by ADP Suite Support
ADP RUN Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
RUN Powered by ADP is a common solution used by many in the payroll industry. Most users like it because it’s easy to use, makes payroll an automated process and helps tax calculation and submission. As an ADP product, it’s also scalable and can be scaled up into larger enterprise solutions as the need arises. It has most of the features users are looking for including tax forms, direct deposit, reporting and integrations with recruiting apps. However, this has been noted by several to be best for small businesses, as larger ones will need more complex functionality. Look out for things that aren’t included in the base price. This could be a good choice for smaller organizations looking to automate their payroll for the first time or switch from a faulty product.
Based on 1158 reviews: