What is Bloomerang?
Industry Specialties: Nonprofit
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Bloomerang
- Features Designed Using Expert Input: Bloomerang partners with fundraising experts to ensure high quality for essential features such as donor engagement surveys, data analysis, written donor communication, social media and email.
- Commitment to Donor Retention: Product features and enhancements aim at retaining donors for sustainable growth. Accomplish this through analytics and dashboards, an engagement meter, an interactive timeline, trend reports, regular data updates (NCOA, birth year, etc.), standard reports and affinity scorecards.
- Improved Giving Results: Find the best donors through a giving summary. The summary leverages a proprietary algorithm designed by Dr. Adrian Sargeant, a fundraising expert, along with a generosity score, both of which use a rating scale to highlight the strongest supporters.
- Sustainability Scorecard: Encourage grant funding by helping the organization become responsible and sustainable so supporters feel confident giving. The scorecard is a quarterly survey that evaluates the organization’s health and promotes strategies that lead to sustainability.
- Donor Insights: Evaluate prospect’s giving capacity, create engagement strategies and pinpoint the best asking amounts by integrating with the DonorSearch platform. Generate wealth reports drawn from more than 20 proprietary and public databases.
- Mobile-Responsive Design: Get full access to information outside the office and be confident that website pages, like donation forms, are formatted correctly.
- Flexible Configurations: Customized settings enable recording relevant information, with custom fields and household fields to capture multiple phone numbers, emails and addresses.
- Ahern Audit: Ensure emails and letters focus on the donor and are easily readable. The tools draw from best practices developed by donor communications expert Tom Ahern.
- Consultant Directory: Receive additional expert support and access to more tools through Bloomerang’s extensive network of agencies, consultants and software vendors.
- Online Giving: Maximizes giving, provides strong security and keeps processing fees low. Integrates customizable with any website, supports multiple campaigns, automatically pulls in data captured in donor forms and is customizable.
- Email Marketing: Reach the right constituents with the right content from within the platform — no need to integrate with a third-party application like Constant Contact. Features include a user-friendly editor, mobile-responsive format, scheduling, templates, segmenting filters, analytics, receipts and delivery validation.
- Integrations: Connect Bloomerang to best-of-breed solutions that provide wealth screening, data stewardship, fund accounting, social fundraising, donation processing, IT assistance and website packages. However, the integrations aren’t as extensive as competitors such as Donor Perfect and Kindful.
- Engagement Meter: Shows how engaged contacts are to facilitate pursuing the best opportunities. Compiles information by measuring things like donation frequency, email opens and clicks, website visits, event attendance, donation amounts and social media interactions.
- Social Listening: Assists with effective Twitter engagement by providing a hub for monitoring interactions with an account, choosing hashtags and finding new connections.
- Reports: Understand organizational health and donor base with built-in reports that can be used as-is or customized for greater precision. Drag-and-drop tools and filters make reports easy to manage.
- Surveys: Encourages long-term relationships with constituents and identifies areas of improvement. The surveys, which focus on existing, lapsed and new donors, are science-based, drawing on the research of Dr. Sargeant.
- Grant Tracking: Custom fields, reports, relationship tracking and task management make it easier to secure funding.
- Volunteer Management: Simplifies the process of managing volunteers with the ability to record any necessary information as well as keep track of which donors have volunteered and which volunteers have donated.
- Data Import: Simplifies uploading of data from a spreadsheet and can retain information like notes and interactions.
- Not enough customization options.
- Can’t export reports.
- No manual field inputs.
Bloomerang Suite Support
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Bloomerang is a cloud-based solution for small and growing nonprofits that helps organizations view donor records, track the best time to contact each donor and measure donor engagement levels to improve outreach. Strengths include reporting, seamless integration, ease of use and automation. Users also praised the customer support. Some reviewers noted that extracting data isn’t very easy and that survey questions need more customization. However, the system allows unlimited users and is a good product to consider.
Based on 999 reviews: