What is Tivoli Provisioning Manager?
Automate IT resource lifecycle management with an integrated solutionIBM Tivoli® Provisioning Manager helps organizations optimize efficiency, accuracy and service delivery by automating best practices for data center provisioning activities.- Help automate best practices for common data center provisioning activities in support of change and release management processes, helping to optimize efficiency, accuracy and service delivery- Discover and track data center resources to enable highly accurate server provisioning and software deployments - Create thousand’s of virtual machines simultaneously - Facilitate efforts to consistently follow your own policies and preferred configurations, in support of corporate and regulatory compliance efforts - Automatically provision software and configurations to Microsoft® Windows® servers and clients, as well as Linux® and UNIX® servers - Help optimize availability by maintaining configurations and managing changes to resources - Integrate with a variety of technologies, including IBM Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database (CCMDB), IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment, IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images, and IBM Rational® Test Lab Manager - Operating systems supported: AIX, Linux, Solaris (Sun microsystems), Windows family
Benefits and Insights
Why use Tivoli Provisioning Manager?
Key differentiators & advantages of Tivoli Provisioning Manager
- Saves time and helps reduce costs by quickly deploying applications
- Provides optimized resource utilization and enables smoother transitions as IT resources are assigned to new and growing businesses
- Manages risk & audits
- Helps balance workloads for resource optimization
- Saves time for value-add projects
- Reduces time and labor costs to implement key operational management capabilities
- Provides more value in test environments
- Quickly delivers value with automation of common tasks for leading products
- Quickly and efficiently build automation packages to automate manual tasks unique to your business
- Smoother transitions as IT resources are assigned to new and growing businesses
- Provides optimal resource provisioning for specific IT infrastructure and business requirements