Benefits and Insights
Why use Penetration Testing?
Key differentiators & advantages of Penetration Testing
Logistics and Controls
- Logistics and controls is an important yet often overlooked component of delivering quality penetration tests. The purpose of this step is to reduce the rate of false positives and false negatives by assuring proper adjustments are made to all testing modules prior to launch.
- Netragard begins all penetration tests with a combination of Social and Technical reconnaissance. Social reconnaissance, not to be confused with Social Engineering, is focused on extracting information from personal websites, social networking sites like linkedin and facebook, technical forums, internet relay chat rooms, company job opportunities, documents that have been leaked or published, etc.
- Once initial social and technical reconnaissance tasks are complete, Netragard enters an analysis stage. During this stage all information is correlated and an attack matrix is created.
Real Time Dynamic Testing
- Once sufficient intelligence has been gathered Netragard begins penetration efforts. While common tools may be used to penetrate systems with low-hanging fruit, a manually intensive research driven process is used to penetrate more complex targets.
Quality Network Penetration Testing
- Network Penetration Testing is a type of Penetration Test that applies to Information Technology. The purpose of Network Penetration Testing is to identify the presence of points where a threat (defined by the hacker) can align with existing risks to achieve penetration. Netragard helps prevent penetration by identifying these points and providing effective methods for remediation before they are exploited by malicious hackers.
Risk of Outage or Damage
- The safety of a service depends on the expertise of the team delivering the services, and on the state and stability of the target(s). Netragard’s services are driven by its SNOsoft Research Team.