What is MS Internet Information Services (IIS)?
Internet Information Services (IIS) 8.0 in Windows Server® 2012 and IIS 7.5 in Windows Server® 2008 R2 provide a secure, easy-to-manage, modular and extensible platform for reliably hosting websites, services and applications. With IIS, you get choice and control without giving up reliability or security. Customize and add new features, such as Intelligent Media Streaming through free IIS Extensions. Maximize web security through a reduced server foot print and automatic application isolation. Easily deploy and run both ASP.NET and PHP web applications on the same server. Get it all with IIS.
Benefits and Insights
Why use MS Internet Information Services (IIS)?
Key differentiators & advantages of MS Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Easy to get. Free to use. Get everything you need to start running and hosting web applications with IIS using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer.
- From ASP.NET to PHP, IIS 8, IIS 7 provides a powerful and flexible Web server for the world’s most popular Web applications such as Umbraco, WordPress and Drupal.
- IIS Media Services is an integrated media platform for the web using HTTP to deliver high definition media experiences at lower cost and higher scale.
- IIS 8 and 7 are built with a completely modular architecture, on top of rich extensibility APIs.
- Speed up your Web site through built-in dynamic caching and enhanced compression.
- IIS 8 and IIS 7 maximize Web server security by default with minimal Web server footprint and automatic application isolation.