What is Microsoft Dynamics GP?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Develop Actionable Insights: Microsoft Dynamics GP allows users to access role-specific information from charts and graphs located directly in the program. The system contains many pre-built dashboards and reports to help users gain valuable data and makes the sharing of this information easy through included collaboration tools.
- Use a Highly Customizable Interface: This program has high customization capability and offers add-on modules for businesses that wish to include advanced distribution and human resources tool in the solution. Clients can pick and choose which features they want to have integrated to create a specific, need-oriented program.
- Centralize Finances: Financial management is the tedious backbone of every business, which is why visualization and centralization of this process is a clear benefit. Microsoft Dynamics GP has automation functionality that can streamline processes such as the generation of receivables information.
- Maintain Top Talent: Microsoft Dynamics GP gives users to ability to control the employee lifecycle from the time staff members are recruited until the time they elect to retire. The out-of-the-box tool includes direct deposit for payroll, time and expense management and employee profiles.
- Automate Order Processing: Order fulfillment can be expedited through features such as the purchase order generator, inventory stock monitoring capabilities and sales order processing. By creating a clear visualization of the supply chain along with automating processes such as the creation of purchase orders, employee time can be freed up for other important tasks.
Microsoft Dynamics GP is a versatile distribution and ERP solution that is useful to small- and medium-sized companies. The system applies to businesses in a diverse range of industries that wish to centralize and streamline processes such as supply chain management, financial management and inventory management.
- Financial Management: The financial management tool of Microsoft Dynamics GP contains basic accounting functions such as general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable. It also includes bank reconciliation and fixed asset management features. The tool offers lockbox processing, which automatically inputs and applies customer payment information from a lockbox transaction file to generate accurate receivables data. Intercompany relationships, multidimensional analysis and payables management are also enabled through this program.
- Business Intelligence and Reporting: PowerBI Dashboards and reports are included in this program so that users can access pre-built analytics tools directly through the system. More than 400 Excel reports are also connected to the solution along with the ability for users to create their own reports. Dashboards can be securely created and shared through the program’s Office 365 app, which enables employees to analyze and drill-down information.
- Supply Chain Management: The supply chain management tool includes bill of materials management, inventory control and purchase order processing capabilities. It can also automatically generate purchase orders using actual sales, purchasing and inventory data. Microsoft Dynamics GP can track orders, quotes and invoices to speed up the sales process and enhance upsell opportunities.
- Human Resource Management: This program includes payroll functionality for companies in the United States and Canada in its base package. It allows HR practitioners to recruit and retain talent through performance evaluation, customized hiring options and pay rate development. Payroll can also be directly deposited in employee bank accounts through an automated clearing house (ACH) file, and this payment data can be automatically inputted to the general ledger through a turnkey solution.
- Configuration and Development: Microsoft Dynamics GP is built with a service-based architecture and can be integrated with a variety of modules and programs. Microsoft offers an Extended Pack and an Extended Human Resources and Payroll module to further customize the solution for different users. An example of additional functionality that is provided includes a PTO manager, benefits management and enrollment, returns management, materials requirements planning, project accounting and preventive maintenance.