What is Insperity TimeStar?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Insperity TimeStar is the time tracking entity in the company’s suite of products. It allows users to develop schedules, monitor timesheets and resolve discrepancies.
It manages time off and ensures compliance with federal regulations. Workers can punch in from a manual time clock or through a web portal that is accessible from desktop or mobile.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Insperity TimeStar?
Key differentiators & advantages of Insperity TimeStar
- Better Organize Employees: Supervisors can use several methods to build employee schedules and monitor their hours and punches. A time off schedule helps give managers an overhead view of when employees are available.
- Transparent Communication: Both supervisors and employees get access to schedules. Workers can request time off in the platform and utilize its messaging capabilities. Both parties can get alerts about timesheet discrepancies.
- Reduce Costs: Businesses save money on labor by tracking and managing overtime, ensuring labor regulation compliance and reducing time spent on time tracking efforts.
- Prevent Time Fraud: Time theft is reduced by preventing “buddy punching” on time clocks and flagging timesheet discrepancies.
Insperity, formerly known as Administaff, provides a suite of HR management products. It expanded from a small, one-office operation at its founding in 1986 to a conglomerate with more than 70 offices nationally. While its software is widely applicable, some of its key clients work in the nonprofit, manufacturing and hospitality industries. It serves more than 100,000 businesses.
- Employee Scheduling: Supervisors can design employee schedules through three methods: by assigning employee groups, individual employees or by manual input week-by-week.
- Timesheets: Employees can easily log their hours and account for breaks and lunches.
- Time Off Management: Workers can request time off through the platform, and can check a time off schedule to determine what days work best. Supervisors can approve or deny requests, and both parties can message each other through the interface.
- Time Tracking: It automatically flags when worker punches don’t align with their schedule or company break rules. The system tracks tardiness and absences.
- Alerts: Managers can be notified when a worker punches in late or is a no-show. Employees can be prompted to correct mistakes. These alerts can be delivered in-platform or over email.
- Time Clock Options: Punches can be recorded from a web portal or through time clocks. Insperity’s line of time clocks supports fingerprint and badge scanners.
- Integrations: Data can be exported to a third-party for payroll or business intelligence.
- Compliance Management: It ensures that workers take enough breaks to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act and that they are accordingly compensated for overtime.
- Overtime Monitoring: Employee hours are tallied, allowing supervisors to see which workers are approaching overtime.
Insperity TimeStar Suite Support
Insperity offers support for TimeStar from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday. On top of phone, email and ticket support, it provides training and live chat through its website.
mail_outlineEmail: Customers can email [email protected] for support. The vendor requests the customer’s name, company, phone number and support request description.
phonePhone: Phone support can be reached from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday at 1-800-314-8223.
schoolTraining: The vendor offers hands-on product training and other consulting, organized through other contact methods. On its website, it provides documentation and how-to videos.
local_offerTickets: Customers can submit a support ticket through the Customer Service tab on the vendor’s website.