What is ICANotes?
Industry Specialties: Serves the medical industry, especially behavioral health
ICANotes enables users to take simple, comprehensive notes. It’s built for behavioral health specialists, clinicians and back-office managers to integrate easily into a user’s workflow and deploy just as fast. It’s ideal for practices of any size and budget is hardware and software agnostic and facilitates a paperless practice through its digital note-taking and billing tools.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ICANotes?
Key differentiators & advantages of ICANotes
- Improve Patient Outcomes: The application takes a unique approach to handling patient information and note taking, in that notes are endlessly customizable via a button-driven interface. With better patient data, more precise records, and an interface that’s customized to the patient and clinician, patients can receive better treatment.
- Remain Agile: The software is both lightweight and cloud-based, meaning there’s a short deployment time. Being lightweight also means that it can run on a myriad of devices, not just enterprise-grade hardware
- Integrates Easily Into Workflows: It’s built to think and operate like a mental health professional — meaning its got pre-formatted notes, interfaces and more so that a user’s workflow is never compromised. Still, the software can be customized to meet a clinic’s specific needs. Some customizations include custom interfaces, note outlines and billing forms.
- Takes Stress off Administrators: ICANotes automatically assess a user’s billing coding level, meaning users can bill for maximum reimbursement.
ICANotes is one of the first in the industry to promote a behavioral health-centered application. Some major clients of ICANotes include the Louisiana State Civil Service, the Fairfax Community Wellness Center, Abundant Behavioral Health and more.
- Deploy Anywhere: The software is cloud-based, with minimal hardware requirements. There’s even a mobile application for taking notes within a clinical setting.
- Stage Two Meaningful Use: The product is certified to meet stage two meaningful use standards, meaning users can take advantage of incentive programs.
- Pre-Formatted Clinical Notes: Built with robust note taking features, it can handle notes for a variety of behavioral health professions, such as psychiatry, clinical-social work, family therapy, group therapy, therapy and mental health record taking.
- Robust Integrations: Integrations and interoperability are key features for EHR software, and ICANotes comes with enough to satisfy any user’s needs. It integrates with other providers and labs to share notes, lab results, charges, patient data, appointments and more — all across different software systems.
- E-Prescribing: Especially useful for psychiatrists and other prescribers, E-Prescribing in ICANotes not only allows a clinician to send medications to pharmacies but also lets them manage and digitally update dosages, amounts or instructions with the software’s medication management features. ICANotes comes equipped with a robust database of drug side effects, interactions and other support tools to prevent adverse side effects.
- Automatic Coding: Using HCFA Guidelines, ICANotes can automatically evaluate and code a patient’s entire treatment journey. It’s able to handle coding for psychiatry, therapy, group therapy and much more, ensuring the use of E/M reimbursement codes and preventing expensive back charges.
- Enhanced Security: The app employs several features to stay HIPAA compliant. It utilizes advanced entrypoint protection, full encryption (for both sending and receiving documentation and data), access logs, custom alerting, note privacy, record destruction prevention and access levels to make sure both patient and user data is secure and regulation compliant.
- ONC-Certified: Also known as ONC-ATLs, organizations working with The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology test and certify electronic health record (EHR) systems. ICANotes is ONC-Certified and ready to meet any standard.
- 75+ Assessment Tools: Clinicians have access to over 75 rating and assessment tools, meaning patients get better results, administrators can accurately bill, and clinicians can better treat.
ICANotes Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users can email [email protected] to receive email support.
phonePhone: Users can receive phone support at any time by calling 443-221-6796.
schoolTraining: ICANotes offers some product training options, such as scheduled training for its software services, as well as a documentation library and a help forum.
local_offerTickets: Anyone can submit a ticket to ICANotes, though the turnaround times are unknown. That said, the ticketing system can handle a wide variety of error codes.