What is Centricity EMR?
Industry Specialties: Ambulatory Health
Centricity is a software solution by Virence Health designed for ambulatory medical practices. Aims to yield health care that is personalized to each patient’s needs in order to provide more quality treatment and better patient outcomes.
A variety of ambulatory clinics use the Centricity practice solution to streamline day-to-day operations and increase revenue. Supported specialties include breast health, cardiology, neurology, ICU, oncology, electrophysiology and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Centricity EMR?
Key differentiators & advantages of Centricity EMR
- Streamline Workflows: Centricity helps your facility increase exam room utilization and cuts X-ray cycle times in half through automation and smart scheduling.
- Seamless Interoperability: Centricity lets users share data and exchange information with existing clinical and financial systems throughout the healthcare ecosystem. Health providers can connect when, where and how they need.
- Increase Provider Efficiency: Physicians are able to document faster while starting with personalized workflows to increase productivity. Staff can then shift their focus toward more complex issues such as enhancing the quality of care provided.
- Flexible: This solution can be tailored specifically to your unique workflow and preferences to allow your physicians to practice medicine the way they know best, rather than one universal method.
- Comprehensive: Centricity places all the tools needed for your health organization into a single, easy-to-use location.
- Patient Engagement: Clinicians are able to spend more time with patients by reducing the time taken for tasks like opening office visits, allowing for more face-to-face interactions. A patient can use the portal to view their medical history, check lab results and manage their medication.
- Strengthen Financial Performance: Centricity helps your health organization get paid faster by increasing first-pass claim approval rates and using continuous analytics to constantly improve care quality.
- Integration Capabilities: This system is fully integratable with Centricity’s practice management and revenue management systems in addition to a variety of third-party solutions and tools.
Centricity serves a variety of ambulatory health facilities, including independent practices, community health centers, multispecialty groups, academic medical centers, retail clinics and more.
- Appointment Management: Centricity allows users to schedule appointments, check for at-risk patients and manage specialty equipment and exam rooms. Scheduling can be handled almost entirely automatically, maximizing the amount of exam room and equipment usage while reducing no-shows with patient reminders.
- Health Analytics: Centricity’s health analytics help recognize patient patterns and give your health organization an idea of how you stack up compared to other practices. These analytics also include population health, which aims to improve health outcomes of a group of individuals.
- E-Prescribing: This tool allows physicians to send refill requests to pharmacies, while automatically checking for any drug-to-drug or drug-to-allergy interactions based on the patient’s diagnosis and current medication. E-prescribing reduces the risk of medication errors and allows providers to track the medication until it is picked up.
- Billing Management: Centricity helps with the billing and payment process, automatically sending out invoices and upcoming payment notifications to patients. Claims are automatically scrubbed of any coding errors before being submitted, leading to higher first-time acceptance rates and faster reimbursement.
- Handwriting/Voice Recognition: With Centricity, physicians can use handwriting and voice recognition tools to make charting and reporting quick and easy. Users can use real-life terminology rather than specific codes as the software adapts to their practice style.
- Self-Service Portal: Patients and physicians are both able to access the patient portal to communicate with one another remotely. Patients can use the portal to manage appointments, make payments and more, while physicians are able to save internal notes and send out alerts to their patients.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- Solution doesn’t provide an auto-verify option
- No robust reporting tools are provided
- Users aren’t able to edit forms
- Custom reports require an additional fee
- User licenses and training services are fairly expensive
Centricity Suite Support
phonePhone: Phone support is provided Monday through Friday during business hours.
schoolTraining: In addition to education courses and webinars, physicians can share product information and knowledge with each other using Centricity’s online service portal.
local_offerTickets: Centricity lets current users and potential customers submit tickets for support online. Users are able to provide information about themselves as well as their role within their organization and can leave comments or questions in order to receive help from a knowledgeable assistant right away.
Cost of Ownership for Centricity
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Centricity EMR Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 69 reviews: