What is Azalea?
Industry Specialties: Medical
Azalea health is used by a variety of health organizations, from ambulatory clinics and rural health facilities to larger hospitals and health systems. It is used to streamline operations and increase the quality of care provided while raising revenue as well.
This is used by health professionals to deal with scheduling, remote treatment, patient communication and more. Its interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing physicians to access everything they need with just one simple screen.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Azalea?
Key differentiators & advantages of Azalea
- Improve Quality of Care: Azalea provides your healthcare professionals with tools to help improve health outcomes. Patient information is updated in real time, giving providers a patient’s entire medical history and leading to more accurate diagnosis and treatment the first time around. Additionally, physicians are able to focus more of their time dealing with patients rather than documenting and charting data.
- Increase Revenue: Because physicians are able to speed up their appointments, that means they are able to increase the amount of daily traffic. With more traffic comes more potential revenue. Also, Azalea offers tools to help manage your organization’s revenue cycle to help get paid quicker and make sure reimbursements are followed through.
- Completely Secure: Every file and document created with Azalea is encrypted and stored in the cloud, meeting HIPAA requirements for secure messaging and online bill pay.
- Accommodates Multiple Specialties: Azalea serves a wide variety of medical specialties. Custom templates can be incorporated to meet the different needs of patients.
- Accessibility: By keeping information stored in the cloud, physicians are able to access Azalea from essentially anywhere as long as they have an internet connection and a capable device. Mobile apps allow both patients and providers to access data remotely.
- Interoperability: Azalea easily interfaces with national labs and healthcare systems to provide the entirety of a patient’s data, not just their chart from one specific clinician. This makes it so that each physician has an up-to-date patient record, regardless of where the patient is being treated, which helps lead to more accurate treatment and diagnosis.
- Chart Uniquely: Every physician is different, meaning they each have their own way of doing things. Azalea lets providers dictate, type, point/click and record notes all from one screen using an iPad, phone or PC. Surgeons, nurses and anesthesiologists are able to simultaneously record information to the same patient chart.
After noticing many EHR systems were difficult to understand and navigate, Azalea built their healthcare IT solution to simplify tasks for physicians as well as administrators. Azalea is cloud-based and was developed with the goal to be as simple to use as an email tool.
- Telehealth: This allows healthcare professionals to facilitate patient engagement and provide remote patient care. This tool is easily integrated with the EHR as well as the patient portal and mobile apps. Physicians are able to exchange messages with their patients as well as schedule online video chats to replace an in-office appointment.
- Patient Portal: Patients can use the portal to check lab results, view medical history, request prescription refills, make payments and more. They are able to communicate with their physicians through sending messages, requesting telehealth appointments and more. Azalea’s mobile patient portal app, myHealthSpot allows for access to such information regardless of location or time.
- Nursing Board: Azalea’s nursing board, designed by nurses for nurses, helps optimize efficiency when it comes to tracking, completing and documenting your day. Providers are given access to orders, flow sheets and chart notes as well as a four-hour timeline all in a single place.
- Single-Screen Management: Azalea helps staff perform tasks such as billing, managing claims, documenting SOAP notes, order labs and schedule follow-up appointments all from one easy-to-navigate screen.
- Mobile Apps: In addition to the myHealthSpot patient portal, there is myPractice, a mobile app specifically for providers. Physicians are able to access patient records quickly and securely with Touch ID login. The system also tracks activity by user.
- Revenue Cycle Management: Azalea includes a number of functions to help with your RCM, including electronic claims submission, reimbursement accounting, denials management, patient invoicing, collections, credentialing and more. These tools help to improve the first-time acceptance rate of claims while leading to expedited claim submissions and even reimbursement.
- Prior Authorization: Azalea’s prior-authorization services facilitate the pre-certification process with healthcare providers and their payers. It helps by collecting patient information from medical providers and obtaining authorization for inpatient and outpatient procedures.
Azalea Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Azalea’s website provides emails for requesting help regarding sales and technical support as well as general information.
phonePhone: Phone support is available during business hours by calling 877-777-7686, extension 3.
schoolTraining: The AtoZ Knowledge Center online provides access to blog posts, frequently asked questions, infographics, webinars and videos. Additionally, demos can be requested online.
local_offerTickets: Contact submissions can be submitted online through Azalea’s website. Simply leave your name, email address and a short message describing the issue or concern and customer support will respond back in a timely manner.
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Pricing for Medical Practice Management Software
The following reviews for Azalea are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.
Ease of use.
A simple and effective product to conform to your practice needs. Once the templates are set up to the practice processes, the system flows effortlessly. Azalea customer support usually has an answer for any questions within a couple of hours.
The only downside is that the system is dependant on reliable internet connections due to being cloud based.
I like how you are able to see multiple office's schedules. It makes it easier to schedule appointments for the patient without them having to call different offices within the same practice.
I do not like how you have to be authorized to take payments. I understand I am a technician, but I also take payments from patients due to me being cross trained into other areas.
Working With Azalea
I have only been using Azalea for about 1 year. I have enjoyed working with Azalea. It is very easy to navigate, post, and search for patients.
Sometimes when I post patients charges and codes the cost of the charge does not populate.