What is athenaHealth?
Industry Specialties: Medical
AthenaHealth is a set of software solutions designed for healthcare organizations to improve workflow and increase the quality of care they provide. A number of medical facilities use these to help with scheduling, billing, revenue management and more.
These allow clinicians and other health providers to focus primarily on patient care and treatment without compromising clinical efficiency or productivity. Patients can use them to communicate with their physicians and take more control over their care.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use athenaHealth?
Key differentiators & advantages of athenaHealth
- Increase Operational Efficiency: AthenaHealth allows your staff to access clinical information from multiple sources instantly. This immediate access to patient information saves time and helps to provide the most accurate treatment at the same time.
- Focus on Patients: Physicians can free up time spent on tasks and technical issues and repurpose that time to focus on patient care, reducing the number of disruptions.
- Interoperability: With athenaHealth, physicians can easily exchange crucial patient data with that from other healthcare sites while directly adding any key information to a patient’s chart in real time.
- Patient Engagement: Patients can exchange messages with their physicians, view lab results, request prescription refills and more using their mobile devices. Additionally, patients can receive automated reminders and notifications regarding appointments, billing and follow-up care.
- Healthcare Regulations: AthenaHealth monitors changes to federal quality programs so you don’t have to do so. With changing healthcare regulations like MACRA and MIPS, this solution helps to stay one step ahead and helps to understand any changes.
- Return on Investment: While the implementation of any software is often expensive, the end result can help your health organization financially in the long run. Qualifying facilities can also earn monetary government incentives simply by implementing an EHR, with more incentives for meeting meaningful use standards.
- Fewer No-Shows: With tools for patient’s to manage their appointments and check-in online prior to their visit, your health organization can reduce no-shows and increase daily traffic.
AthenaHealth has been serving medical professionals throughout the U.S. for over 20 years. What began as Athena Health Center, a very successful birthing and women’s health center, was quickly transformed in order to use that same software in more health clinics. A variety of healthcare facilities and medical specialties use these solutions to manage their operations.
- Connected Health Network: With connected knowledge from over 160,000 providers and 100 million patients, physicians are able to offer greater care. Users can exchange information with over a quarter of a million points of care, such as specialists, urgent cares, labs, pharmacies and more. Additionally, your facility’s population health performance can be compared to that of other providers.
- Scheduling: Appointment scheduling allows your health facility to optimize the number of patients that can be seen each day. With automated reminders and online patient check-in, you can limit the number of no shows while improving patient satisfaction.
- Patient Portal: AthenaHealth’s patient portal allows patients to view their medical history, sign documents, pay bills, manage appointments and more through the use of their mobile device. Physicians can communicate with patients through messaging, notes or even video calls.
- Workflow Dashboard: The workflow dashboard allows users to access revenue cycle tasks as well as patient data easily in one centralized place.
- Epocrates: AthenaHealth’s Epocrates tool identifies potentially harmful interactions from up to 30 prescription and over-the-counter drugs simultaneously. Users can access peer-reviewed diagnostics and gather guidance separated by patient type.
- Care Coordination: This system allows physicians to easily access and share data, track orders, send results and more. Sensitive information is kept secure while that data can be shared in real time.
- Billing/Claims Management: Insurance claims are automatically scrubbed of errors before being submitted, leading to a higher first-pass resolution rate.
- Performance Reporting: Your physicians can access detailed, real-time reports based on other clinics who use athenaHealth to help establish benchmarks, recognize patterns and issue more accurate treatment and diagnosis.
- Population Health: AthenaHealth’s population health tools allow your physicians to stay connected to vital patient population data. Automated outreach services are provided in addition to network-based knowledge from in-house analyzation experts.
athenaHealth Suite Support
AthenaHealth doesn’t offer customer support through email or phone; instead, customers can log on to athenaNet to report any issues and request help.
schoolTraining: AthenaHealth offers 24/7 emergency support in addition to comprehensive onboarding and continuous training. Webinars and case studies can also be accessed online at any time.
local_offerTickets: Anyone can submit questions by providing their name and email, whether it be patients, physicians, practice owners, etc. Potential customers can schedule a one-on-one meeting online to get more information about how this solution can benefit them.