What is Kareo Billing?
Industry Specialties: Independent Medical Practices
Kareo Billing is a software system designed for independent practices and medical specialties. Health organizations use this particular solution to help build relationships with patients while providing the highest quality of care.
A wide range of specialty clinics use this system to handle daily operations such as scheduling, managing claims, billing and payment, revenue management, and more. Over 60 million secure patient records are currently managed using this platform, and that number is growing.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Kareo Billing?
Key differentiators & advantages of Kareo Billing
- Maximize Productivity: Kareo allows your staff to better manage patients, upload documents and send secure messages electronically. Physicians can see more patients each day without sacrificing quality care.
- Streamline Workflow: Kareo’s smart workflow is all about doing things right the first time, every time. With an easier process intake and more effective coding tools, users can get more done in less time.
- Easy Onboarding: Compared to many other medical software solutions, implementation with Kareo can be quick and simple. With an easy-to-use interface and the support of a success coach, customers can get comfortable with the software and go-live quickly.
- Reduce Coding Errors: In addition to eliminating errors due to handwriting or legibility issues, Kareo helps lessen the amount of coding errors by sweeping claims before they are submitted. As a result, your facility can get paid faster without worrying about missing out on any claims.
- Flexibility: Kareo is configurable to independent practices of all sizes, with hundreds of customizable templates uniquely tailored to nearly 50 medical specialties.
Kareo has been serving independent healthcare practices for over 15 years. More than 50,000 healthcare providers and physicians handle their medical billing through Kareo, which serves over 45 different medical specialties throughout the US.
- Schedule/Calendar: Kareo’s scheduling feature allows users to easily assign your physicians with the correct patient, equipment and exam room. To help reduce denials, a patient’s eligibility can be verified automatically.
- Charge Capture: Charges entered in Kareo can be billed right away by simply selecting the correct patient and date of service while checking for coding errors to reduce denials and get paid faster.
- Claims Tracking: Kareo lets you monitor all your claims, check their status and get reimbursed quickly. Claims can be filtered by provider, patient and date.
- Billing Analytics: Kareo’s billing analytics measures key performance indicators to come up with other ways to find your practice revenue. You can improve your organization's financial health by tracking your performance and revenue cycle.
- Billing Tasks: Users can manage all their billing tasks in a singular, easy-to-use inbox. Kareo Mobile allows users to view and complete tasks anytime and anywhere.
- Agenda Overview: Kareo’s agenda overview provides a general review of your billing operations and notifies users of any outstanding balances or other items that need to be dealt with.
- Rules Engine: This helps produce more accurate claims by automatically removing unnecessary or incorrect information.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t provide robust reporting features
- Doesn’t provide a strong patient eligibility feature
- Scheduler functionality doesn’t allow for viewing periodical appointments once a patient has checked out
- Doesn’t allow users to view appointment code and end date of the service
- Users are unable to export critical information such as claims processed, claims due and others
- Solution lacks the built-in time limit feature to fill insurance claims on time
Kareo Medical Billing Suite Support
phonePhone: Kareo provides phone support Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. until 5 p.m. PST.
schoolTraining: Customers are set up with a free success coach to provide the level of personal attention and support needed. Users can access training guides, e-courses and other services through Kareo’s online help center.
local_offerTickets: A ticket can be opened by emailing a question or issue to a technical specialist at any time. Live chat is also available on weekdays between 5 a.m. and 4 p.m. PST.
Cost of Ownership for Kareo Medical Billing
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Cost is included in the subscription with zero setup fees and no long-term contracts required|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Cost is equal to the recurring subscription cost paid monthly, based on the number of providers and type of package selected|
Kareo Billing Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 617 reviews: